“value for money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Blanes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

this was our 2nd stay at these apartments cheap and cheerful did prefer our room last time over looking the pool but you get what you pay for the transfers from airport to apartments was a nightmare as they are going past blanes to malgrat and santa susanna to come back which meant on our return we were on coach over 2 hours before we arrived at the airport other than that we had an enjoyable stay visiting friends at the texas steak house and the bull bar

Room Tip: we stayed in d block this time over looking the road
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
merseyside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My friend and i have just arrived back from the Europa,the resorthopper transfers were a nightmare,we had to wait over an hour,then was told by the rather rude driver that we had to load our own luggage in the luggage compartment,regardless of age ,dissability,or in what order you were getting dropped off .
By the time we arrived at our appartment it was 1.30 in the morning,and after a 2 hour nightmare transfer couldnt even buy a bottle of water as the vending machine didnt stock it so couldnt even have a drink of tea after traveling 5 odd hours.
The rooms are spacious,but to be honest that,and the big balconys are the only thing going for them.
The room stank of some sort of cabbage sewer smell,but we were wary of leaving the balcony open as they are pretty close together.
I found the staff to be a bit rude,or maybe just not interested ,who knows,the youngish Spanish man was probably the best of the bunch,with the Scotish lady being particularly unhelpfull,maybe it is time for her to move on,because everything you asked seemed to be a chore for her to answer .
The real problem came in the early hours,with loads of young people shouting as loud as they can and running and banging on doors,we actually had someone playing football in the corridor outside our room at godknows what time.
Blanes itsself is not bad,luckily we got the weather,though the beach is horrendous to walk on,as it is made of some sort of shingle.There are a few british bars,the bull is really nice and does a lovely sunday dinner.
We actually ended up in some of the nicer hotels in the evening as there was nothing at all on at the Europa,and frankly i couldnt believe the difference,even though the had the same 3 star rating,so much nicer.
On our last morning we had mites crawling on our cooker,god knows what they were,we just handed the keys in and got our deposit back,even if we could have kept the room on i couldnt have gone back in with those creepy crawlys.
If i ever go to Costa Brava again i would head to either Llorett or Santa Susanna,which are both cleaner looking and livelier.but dont think i would head to Blanes again,and certainly not the Europa, after seeing what other 3 star places were like

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank misswongmerseyside

Travellers are raving about these Blanes hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I had a 5 night stay at Europa Apartments with my boyfriend. On arrival I found the receptionist to be quite cold and unwelcoming, we were asked to leave the €50 deposit and pay a 'tourist tax fee' of €2.50 each then given the key to our room so don't expect to be wished a pleasant stay ! The apartment was basic as expected which we didnt really mind and seemed pretty clean until I saw underneath the toilet seat. During our stay the maid visited once to bring new towels however did not take the old wet ones or do anything else. The pool is very large with plenty of sun loungers but is quite built up by the apartments, we stayed in E block which never had any sunshine on the balcony and completely over shadowed half the pool. There is a snack bar by the pool which turns into a kareoke sort of thing at night but it always looked empty so we never went in. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and main restaurants and there's a few cafes and bars around the hotel so not a bad location but very concrete and unpretty. We had two toilet rolls which we had to replace when finished and since they can only be bought in packs of 4 and we ran out on our last day, this was an annoying waste ! We didnt have any problems getting our deposit back, in fact our room wasn't even checked before we left but once again I found the staff to be very unfriendly, there was no conversation during check out, the guy just handed us our deposit back and walked off. Overall we had an alright stay but it's not somewhere I'd recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Was very apprehensive after reading some of the bad reviews here about the Apartments but was pleasantly surprised. Think people are looking for far too much for what they paid for. We stayed at the Europa complex for five days, the apartment itself is quite basic but was clean and staff were friendly enough. We had a good hob for cooking and didn't need the kettle or toaster that some people have been kicking of about. Like I said the apartment is basic but it looks like the pictures I booked from so it was fine. The pool area is a good size and clean and the bar of the complex is cheap. We didn't use our balcony much as we were facing a building site but didn't need to as the beach was only a stones throw away. The main complaint I would have is with the area the apartments are located in, it's not great. For a cheap holiday though it was fine. Think people have a tendency to exaggerate a little on this to be honest. Also the irish bar and KD's right beside the apartments were both nice places to grab a bite to eat and had free wifi if you didn't want to trek into the main touristy area.

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

It is exactly what you get for your money, however I don't think I would ever book it again.

They didn't change the sheets, towel or even leave a extra toilet roll. When we asked we were told you had to buy it and didn't quite understand what they said about changing sheets.

If you do decide to book remember that you have to carry and empty your bins from whatever floor you're in. Lucky for us we had it all bagged up cleanly in a corner but however when we to collect our deposit they checked the room and told us to go back and through the rubbish out.

It did seem like they would do anything to keep your deposit as one guy checked out but lost his receipt he was refused his money. Remember any dishes you use need to all be washed and put. Franly I'm suprised they didn't tell us we left dirty towels and they should have been washed and dried lol.

They location is very nice although there only beach and pubs locally if get a bus to lloret de mar theres plenty to do. Sadly last bus is at 21.30pm so if you decide for a night out you will need a taxie back costing 17.50euro. We went Barcelona for a day which was great lots to see and do. I would strongly recommend you leave early and try to go there twice.

On the way back we had a liltle bit of a problem. We wasn't sure what station we need to get the train from and nobody pointed us the right way. We needed the train from catalunya to blanes. Although we got the train from blanes ecstasio noone told us we had to get of at lloret de mar and get a bus so ended up trended at a station called macsonet. There was nobody there so the train driver had to call a taxie for us to get back. So to avoid this remember to get off at lloret de mar and get the bus.

I hope that this help you, hope you have a happy holiday.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Just returned from a 9 day holiday at Europa apartments and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised, after having read quite a lot of reviews before I went I was not sure what to expect but only hoped that the reviews that I had read which were positive were in fact an honest account. I always try to give an honest and fair review as there really is no point doing otherwise as this is why myself and so many others take full advantage of this great site.... so here goes, our room was spotless and all you need for a self catering holiday it was basic but then you get what you pay for! We had a room in block C at the back with not such a good view as over looked a building site but did not spend that much time on the balcony anyway so..I would recommend if you are going to book at Europa to ask for a room with a pool view not only for the view but also because the disco close by is on the street behind Europa and there is a lot of noise on a Friday and Saturday night going on till stupid o clock in the morning, so my advise is to take ear plugs as this will at least aid sleep. As other reviews also mentioned the lifts are also noisy. The staff were nice and pleasant although the young Scottish girl on reception could of been more helpful and enthusiastic, for example no customer service and after all front of house should set the example. The pool was nice and also very clean. You will need to Leave a 50 euro deposit on arrival and luckily I had read this on a review which was a big help as otherwise it would of been a shock upon arrival, as mentioned by others it would be nice if the travel company had told me when I booked. We had been there 6 days before we were given clean towels and I had to ask for these but within the hour some were brought to us, our sheets were not changed at all but again this reflects in the price you pay, if you want your beds changed etc etc pay for a 4-5 star hotel. Blanes is very nice and you are within easy distance of some other great places to visit as the bus station is a 2 min walk from the hotel.We went to Barcelona for the day and return bus-train ticket was only 15 euros pp which is great value, highly recommend a trip to Barcelona as a gorgeous city! Tossa De Mar also a lovely place to visit. As for eating out I would recommend the Asia Wok and the restaurant / club house at Europa, we were really surprised at the quality and price from Europa, we had gone out every night for a meal passing downstairs by but decided to have lunch there 1 day and it was so nice and such good value we ate there 1 evening too and it was also great value a nice food. When doing supermarket shop we found the ones a couple of roads back were much cheaper so check out prices first. All in all a lovely trip and I would definitely recommend the Europa apartments.

Room Tip: ask for pool view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunseeker190727
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Firstly I would take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt! We have just got back from 5 fab days in blanes and I couldn't find fault with anything. After reading some reviews on here me and my husband were a little worried. We did start to wonder why so many people complained? The staff were friendly and the rooms clean. We were in the Europa apartments in block c and on the second floor and lucky enough to have a pool view. The rooms were big enough for us and had everything you could want for self catering. The area is quiet although we could see that some bars for the Danish students were getting ready to open as we were leaving. I do have to recommend the shamrock bar andy and spike make it a fab place to be and I can't wait to go back! Great food especially the steak pie it is to die for!! The beach looks amazing it was a little to cold to jump in the sea but we enjoyed a nice walk on the beach. I would go back as it was great value for money.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanes
Apartments AR Muntanya Mar
#3 of 21 in Blanes
Hotel Stella Maris
Hotel Stella Maris
#7 of 21 in Blanes

Been to Apartamentos Europa? Share your experiences!