We (still) enjoy holidays with the kids that are now teenagers. We prioritize activities ... whether for winter or summer holidays. So, it is important for us to find a summer vacation resort that offers golfing, windsurfing, lap swimming and potentially other things such as tennis, football, go-karting, mini-golf etc. Further, it must be a friendly place, not too upscale snobish ... but good quality. In our experience 4* resorts is a good choice. Even though we rarely go the same place multiple times ... we have now stayed 3 consequtive years at La Costa ... because it offers these activities ... golf, windsurfing, tennis and lap swimming within walking distance. 20 minutes away is go-karting and a nice 18 hole par 3 course, which is convenient for friends joining that do not yet play the big courses.
The hotel as such has a good atmosphere, good food in the restaurant, friendly staff ... different types of rooms and even a 2 and a 3 bedroom villa, which we also stayed at. The Villa's need an upgrade ... but they work and are nice. The rooms are great and well maintained.
There are historical places to go ... when we need some distraction from the pool and golf course. E.g. Girona, Figueras, Pals, Begur etc. We also went sailing on a rented motor boat with captain for a day with some friends. It is great to see the coast from the sea side, halt and go for a swim and sail on.
Negatives ... well, there are few restaurants and little activity on the streets around the resort, so we need to drive if we want to escape the resort for a while. It is 10-15 minutes to more restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort La Costa is a 4 star hotel located nearby the beach of Pals (Costa Brava). Inside the complex you have a tropical pool, tennis cort and direct access to Golf de Pals , with a fairway nestled among magnificent ancient pines, is the oldest course on the Costa Brava. Situated 45 minutes from Girona, 1:35h from Barcelona and 1:20h from France. The Hotel has 120 rooms, including doubles and suites, all with a view of the sea, the swimming pool or the golf course. It’s an ideal place to enjoy family holidays, or for a luxury break with your partner. The hotel’s cuisine, with its buffets and varied venues for your celebrations, is typically Mediterranean. Its large tropical swimming pool, beach club and watersports centre for the summer season make the Resort one of the most popular spots for fans of all types of excursions and watersports, such as Hobie Cat sailing, windsurfing, kayaking or diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Costa Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Costa Golf & Beach Hotel Pals
- La Costa Golf And Beach Resort
- La Costa Hotel Beach
- La Costa Golf & Beach Resort Pals, Costa Brava, Spain