“Brilliant food and service”

Seegarten Marina Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Spiez
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2013

While staying in the hotel, we chose to eat in the attached restaurant every evening, specifically because both the choice and quality of the food and also the friendliness of the staff made it such a great experience. My personal favourite from the menu was the veal sausage and rösti (which is to die for!!!), however, I can honestly say that everything that we ordered was fantastic.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We ate a late lunch here after stopping off from the boat ride from Thun. The hot choices were very limited for vegetarians without the pizzas (which didn't start until 16h), but I had a large portion of tasty spaghetti napoli which was pleasant (in hindsight, the small portion would have been enough!). My husband had a large salad which he said was very nice too. The desserts seemed to be the main reason people were coming however (we even saw one lady eat one dessert, and then order another!). The ice cream sundaes were large and very nicely prepared. The service we received was excellent - the elderly gentleman who seemed to be the boss spoke excellent English and was very attentive, as was the Portuguese waiter who served our table. I would go there again for dessert!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My family of five chose to eat at the Restaurant Seegarten during a recent visit to Spiez Switzerland. We elected to eat indoors as the porch dining area was filled with smokers. Initially the service was polite but things deteriorated quickly. After ordering our food, we did have to wait a bit for it to be delivered. Once our meals arrived our waitress realized that the order was wrong and apparently went away to fix it. That was the last we saw of her.....she simply disappeared. We finished our meals. Salads were good, carbonara was not good at all, and chicken curry was just ok.....but still no server. After about thirty minutes, we tried to get the attention of another server, he simply put up a finger, frowned, scowled, and just walked by. He then made deliberate efforts to avoid walking by our table (our table was near the kitchen and he would detour each time). After another 10 to 15 minutes we got another server's attention and asked for our bill. Then he disappeared for another ten minutes. He came back with the bill.....finally!...but had neglected to delete the missing item. He then left again....for another 10 minutes. We're were finally able to pay and left. The staff was so rude and unhelpful that I CANNOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Brett T
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I didn't expect too high about this hotel when I made the booking but it gave me a big surprise. We had an apartment for 3 of us and it's more than spacious enough. It has a kitchenette (a true apartment and would be good for a long stay). We had two very relaxed night and enjoyed good food in the restaurant. The only little problem is that we had to carry our luggage from the train station downhill to the hotel. When we reached the Schloss, I saw the hotel direction arrow and followed it along a steep and winding path down to the hotel. But later we found out that the arrow sign was just for cars. We can actually walk straight down Seestrasse to the lake direction to reach the hotel. When we checked out, we took the bus at the lake bus terminus and it's very convenient. The hotel's website should advise guest travelling on public transportation to take the bus.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We walked into town in between trains at Spiez and saw the terrace of this restaurant, overlooking the gorgeous marina on the Thuner See. It's actually marked Al Porto on the outside. Most of the large number of tables on the big outside terrace were taken, but turnaround is fast, so that we could take a table that had just been vacated. We were fortunate, perhaps, in being served by the head waitress, who clearly had to ensure that other waiters performed promptly, but overall we had the sense of people on top of their business (the owner also did his round and issued instructions to staff). My wife had a good pizza Napoli, though a bit salty; I had local perch with salt potatoes and an excellent salad thrown in German-style, before the main course came.