rocksresort
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteam bathski resorttwo bedroom apartmentnice resortbeautiful designbig roomfamily holidayadults and kidsskiing holidayrock resortsnow conditionsbars and restaurantsgreat for kidsski equipmenttwo nightsgrocery storebakery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Best located apartments ever! You literally ski to the bottom of the slopes and they are there in front of you. The apartments themselves are super modern and very well equipped - you can access the lifts from right outside and there is parking underneath the buildings plus ski shops as part of the complex. Bars and restaurants are part of the complex and there are loads of different places to choose from. Plus the bus drops you right outside the door - what more can you ask for?!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Christoph_Schmidt, Geschäftsführer at rocksresort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear AntoinaLB
Great to hear that you enjoyed LAAX and the Riders Palace.
See you.

your Riders Palace Team

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A very nice and stylish resort with super hip atmosphere, but the service is terrible. Not to mention not too clean corridors and unfriendly check in, i had a terrible check out. I was staying 7 nights at the apartment of rocksresort followed by extra night at riders palace (which is in the same resort). Rocks resort charged me for the parking ticket for 7 nights and as they said later as they try to be nice to their guests they give extra 24 hours of parking included in the ticket as most people arrive early and leave late to have extra skiing ( which is a nice thing to do). While i was checking out, i told that i stay extra night in the same resort other hotel and how would the parking work, reception said i should pay extra and then later come back to change my ticket, which i did. Later when i looked at my ticket, and realised its valid 24 h longer i went to reception asking if that is true and why i had to pay extra. At this point things got really out of control, she said they are trying to be nice to the guests and give this ( i am a guest as well i reminded them), but expect guest to be honest and pay for that! Receptionist ( who turned out to be manager in duty) kept explaining that they changed the system this year as they had complaints ( no wonder) said this is just the system that is printing the tickets with extra 24 h and that people are supposed to be honest and actually pay for these hours in case they really ski longer - all this made no sense to me: either you are nice and give me these hours, or you charge me for that. The explanation was inadequate to my mind and i asked to give me the new ticket ( with another 24 hours i did not need) and informed her that my nice stay was just ruined by this situation related to completely insignificant amount of money for last nights parking. Same explanations continued, no apologies what so ever and rude tone. I told i would inform their GM about this handling oft he situation and the answer was: his reply will be the same! Not nice at all, and i wonder if he really has this attitude.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Janis_kalninsh

Dear Mr. Janis_kalninsh

I am referring to our friendly telephone conversation of this week. I would like to thank you for staying at the rocksresort as well as for your constructive feedback to your holiday and the lack of service regarding the parking ticket issue. Only comments like yours help us to constantly improve our product and service quality. Please rest assured that I will review this process with the parking ticketing in details with the responsible department heads in order to avoid such uncomfortable situations for all involved parties in the future. At the same time, I do hope that you accept my apologies for the not guest-oriented reaction of one of my staff members, which is not all representing our normally service-oriented attitude.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case I could be of any further assistance. Otherwise, I am already now looking forward to welcoming you hopefully soon back to the rocksresort and hopefully meet you personally upon this occasion.

Christoph Schmidt
Director Hotels & Restaurants

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We booked the hotel for the New Year's Eve period almost half a year in advance. One week before us coming there, they told us they are overbooked and they dont have a free room for us. They tried to find another solution and after exchanging many emails finally they told us that they have a free room. Definitely it was not a nice start of our experience with the hotel. Later, once we get there, we find out that the bathroom is very strangely designed. We were there with another 2 people and the bathroom was designed in a way that it was kind of open. There was a closed shower & toilet, but if you use sinks with mirrors - everybody could see you and what you do. It was very strange & completely not conveneient solution. Overall - the hotel is nice & has a great location, but the negative experience with how they handled our booking & how toilet was designed would make me not to go there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 751Traveller
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It has been written by other reviewers, great location, ski-in-out. Apartments are great, beautiful design and mostly very practical. Enough power outlets, great shower, comfortable beds, though small. Yes you can bump your head in the kitchen, which is irritating. Our buzzer/doorbell worked fine. Parking in the garage right underneath the building is convenient. It would nearly be excellent. I think it even can be when it is not high season. Because high season means lots of people and busy bars and since the resort has been placed in a sort of square and there are a couple of bars, this causes noise. People coming back from drinks in the bar somewhere in the night and they tend to make noise. Although the apartments don't have windows that can open, the wooden "side windows" that open give enough fresh air, but noise as well. So sleep can be challenge. You might want to try to have some influence on the building and apartment you will be assigned, because this can be the determining factor. Check the picture of the resort. Orange "balls' are bars and especially the Crap bar is though very nice, also very loud and noisy.

Room Tip: Check the picture with map of the resort. Apartments with view will be nice but noisy and with a view of the mountain will be more quiet but less light. Try to stay away from Ardur, unless you are the all night party animal who switches off the light and closes the door.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LTGuide
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was provided to have a Great weekend snowboarding. The resort area has many stores, restaurants and bars. The rooms are very clean and have plenty of space. The bathrooms are amazing with a shower, bathtub and steam room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve W

Dear Steve W.

Thanks for your stay and great to hear that you enjoyed the riders palace and LAAX. See you hopefully soon.

your Riders Palace Team.