“exotic beauty in swiss village”
Review of Jardin de Kabir

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martigny
Jardin de Kabir
Ranked #3 of 6 Martigny B&B and Inns
nyc
“exotic beauty in swiss village”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a beautifully appointed, lovingly cared for, and welcoming hotel in a town with a world class art reputation. We spent one night here, and the room couldn't have been nicer - the shower was terrific, the rooms large, and we felt rather special staying there. Gabrielle, the hostess, was helpful and cheerful, breakfast ample and lovely - she asked us how we'd like our eggs, and there was ham and cheese and bread and croissants and butter and jam and yogurt and fruit and cappuccino and really, what more can you ask for? I don't know that I'll ever find myself in the region again, but if I did, I would certainly stay here. One note: we were there on a monday night, and practically every restaurant was closed. We went to the pizzeria - the pizza was totally fine!

Room Tip: I think there are only two rooms - both face the same street. It was winter and the windows were cl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Lovely comfortable well-maintained room and place to stay, hostess very friendly and helpful. Choice at breakfast small but perfectly formed. The only 'but' is about the location - it's on a narrow street in the old town and above a bar, with another one across the street and another just down it. In good weather you'd want the windows open at night but that means that you are close to these sources of noise (including amplified music and late night chatter) which are in a reverberant space, as well as the noise of delivery lorries etc in the early morning. If that doesn't bother you it's great (and you might even think there's no noise!). Unfortunately I don't sleep so well and nor does my wife, so I would think twice about going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Gabrielle has created an amazing little boutique B&B in the town of Martigny - a stone's throw from some of the best Swiss mountains and all that this small town has to culturally offer. The three individually designed bedrooms (each with different prices and layouts) with beautiful finishes throughout, and the gorgeous courtyard/lounge (replete with Danish-esque furniture and fireplace) made the initially obtuse entrance seem like a magical secret cavern that you'd only find on the pages of a Vogue Interior magazine. The warm and generous hospitality along with a simple yet scrumptious breakfast truly made the experience all the more worthwhile. Unlike some other B&Bs where you are almost living on top of the owners is not to be found here at all, as Gabrielle gives you the space and privacy that you need.

Unlike the other reviewers who have given 5 stars, I did have a few exceedingly minor notes to make. The free tea and coffee counter only provided plastic cups - nice crockery would not have gone astray. The noise from the street below is easily shut out with a closed window, but that meant that the lack of ventilation or air-conditioning made the room a tad warm (especially in the larger room in the attic) - I imagine that the few days of 30+ degrees each year probably don't happen too often in this part of the world. However, these are only very minor issues and if I could give 4.5 stars I would.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Israel
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely Bed and Breakfast with friends of ours. We booked two of the three rooms, but we were shown all three. They are all beautifully decorated, and the rooms were spacious and very clean. Our hostess, Gabrielle, was so helpful and gracious. She couldn't have done enough for us. Breakfast was wonderful, and the beds were comfortable. We even had a coffee corner for our own use. The location is great, overlooking a street with a very lively night life. With the windows closed you do not hear any noise from the street below. The only problem for us were the stairs to our rooms because my husband has trouble climbing. But, Gabrielle and Angelo helped us with our luggage and made us feel very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonab
Geneva
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Really enjoyed. Small, cosy hotel, clean, no fuss, but nicely furbished. The rooms are spacious, the shower and bathroom generous. Located in an area where people go out and have a drink (you'll find wine bars and pubs and restaurants within 3 minutes walking). Nevertheless, there is no noise, you sleep well. Only point: to enter the hotel,m you must climb a stairway, which makes the hotel unsuited for travellers with walking impairment.

Room Tip: I was the only guest on a Thursday evening, and I was given the opportunity to visit all rooms. They...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Rockville, MD
Reviewed 1 April 2013

All previous reviews are spot on. The place is warm and charming and very tastefully decorated. It was very clean and had all the essentials.

The place felt very cozy and welcoming without being intrusive. My husband and I never stayed in a B&B before this trip, and we were a little bit concerned about all the social aspects of staying in a small family-run place like Jardin de Kabir. It turns out we had nothing to worry about. Our hosts were very friendly and attentive, but gave us as much space as we needed and let us do our own things.

I fully agree with other reviewers who praise restaurant at the nearby Hotel Des Trois Couronnes. Both food and service were amazing - one of the best meals I've eaten on our entire trip to Switzerland.

If I were to identify one issue with our stay, it would be breakfast selection, but only because our 3 year old is not a very good eater and it helps to have a greater variety of foods available so that we can find something that he will actually eat. But for us, it was quite sufficient.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone, even the most demanding travelers. For us, Jardin de Kabir and Martigny were the highlight of our week-long trip to Switzerland, and if we ever found ourselves considering a stay in Martigny, we would definitely try this place first!

Thanks for a truly unforgettable experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marina302
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Don't be fooled by the modest exterior. The interior is a different world. What a charming delight in the Bourg of Martigny. Very warm welcome and excellent typically Swiss hospitality.The owners are a well travelled couple who have tastefully designed 3 gorgeously appointed and very comfortable double bedrooms with large en-suite bathrooms at reasonable prices. The top floor room is called "sous les toits" and has the biggest tub I have seen in a B&B. Products are also provided, so if you forgot your shower gel or body lotion, you're taken care of. Breakfast is delicious and eggs, cooked to your preference, are also available. Gabrielle and Angelo are lovely friendly people. You couldn't ask for better hosts! Make sure, you have a meal or two at Angelo's restaurant, les trois couronnes, a 2-minute walk from the B&B. Try the home-made pasta made by Gabrielle's aunt.

Room Tip: The top floor "sous les toits" is perfect for a lover's getaway. Large tub in the bath...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martigny
Hotel-Restaurant du Stand
#1 of 1 in Saillon
Martigny Boutique-Hotel
Martigny Boutique-Hotel
#1 of 9 in Martigny

Been to Jardin de Kabir? Share your experiences!