“The Best shower flow in the whole world!”

Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rueschlikon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The old colonial hotel is gone and a star is born!!! I have been suggesting this hotel to many people! I have visited the rooms many times... there was no choice then... but then they made a renovation!!!! Their rooms are so well quality and elegantly furnished!

Many hotels have these showers that either the water does not flow out enough, is too hard, some funny combination or just some drops! Also sometimes the showers are fixed and one cannot adjust or squeezed in a corner! These showers can be adjusted, the shower head is not extra exaggerated in size but is gives such a flow of water I just wanted to shower every time!!! When one of my friends from amerce had stayed there and mentioned she showers 3 times a day to enjoy the showers, I did not think about it until I stayed over!!!

The bed is very comfortable, mattress and duvet are superb! Mineral water, juices, tea and coffee are all complimentary.
The dining is a haven of joy! from food to panoramic views to the helpful and kind waiters!

was a great weekend for the 2nd Fall Ball 2013!

The ballroom was also very well arranged and their was ample space to dance!! I really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: all rooms have a lake view of either lower or upper side of the lake!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sofie13
HotelBelvoir2011, Manager at Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Sofie13

What a nice feedback about our Hotel and our Services! We are glad, you enjoyed our dance ball and your stay with us. Indeed, our rain showers are very popular and why don't you visit us again in the near future? even if it is only to enjoy "the best shower flow in the world"!! (I really like that one)

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed just two nights Friday/Saturday weekend trip with family. Very clean and modern hotel with stunning views down the length of the lake, wonderful in the morning to stand on the small terrace as the sun was rising. Had a room 1xx on the lowest level which had slightly unusual layout but no complaints really, comfortable bed, excellent shower. Washing area was a little cramped as this also served as the area for the wardrobe area. There are larger rooms/suites that would I am sure have more space. Although not an issue for us but there is no bar in the room although bottles water provided.
Our other family members had a car so easy to get into the city but without it would be a walk down the hill to the train station.
Breakfast was OK, not spectacular and sometimes and the hot food was not very warm at all. You also of course pay extra for the breakfast. Again stunning view from the restaurant.
Steam room, sauna and rooftop jacuzzi was great, def worth a visit and we were lucky to have it to ourselves on Sunday morning.
Staff were efficient.
Generally enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Amersham

We are glad you enjoyed your weekend trip with us! Thanks a lot for your feedback. As for the public transport to Zürich City. There is also a bus to Zürich City and the bus station is a 2 Minute walk from the hotel. This may be a useful Information for your next visit at the Belvoir!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We did the trip in August 2013 in order to stay in Zurich for a few days and catch the Robbie Williams concert at the football stadium.

I am sure there are more expensive places on this earth than Zurich, but I don't want to go. We are, luckily, what is known as comfortably off, so when we start looking at prices then I know its time to go ouch!

My wife chose the Belvoir Hotel as it is just outside of Zurich in the Burb of Ruschlikon and was therefore cheaper than similar 4* superior city centre hotels. The location is fantastic as it overlooks Lake Zurich, our room a Junior Suite was on ground level with a terrace and outdoor seating, we could see the lake from the bed. Four nights CHF 1292 (just over £220 per night excluding breakfast) including VAT. Enough on the cost as it is not unreasonable for Zurich in August.
The hotel restaurant was very good and I will review this separately.

'Grand Designs meets Bunker Chic'; I loved this place. The rooms could best be described as open ended concrete cubes.There was no finish on the walls it was bare polished concrete. The open end of the cube was the terrace over the lake.

I could imagine big artillery guns being wheeled out of the open end to bombard some poor sod on the other side of the lake.

The same theme was carried on into the bathroom and shower (the best I have tried in a hotel). There are double sinks and a big bath with jets and lights.

The bed was large and comfortable, there was a minibar, the toilet was separate to the bathroom and at night it light up from under the pedestal with just enough light to find the loo roll.

Breakfast though CHF 28 (£20) extra was more than good.

The staff were very efficient and helpful. On our various excursions on the lake we would phone the hotel and they would get a taxi to collect us from the various boat docks and bring us back to safety.

Everyone we met spoke English to some degree and if not pick from German, French or Italian. Hotel staff were all fluent in English & did not have any problem in speaking it to us.

I loved the place, it was safe, friendly and the decor just made me grin from ear to ear.

A note on the Robbie Williams Concert. The venue and organisation was awesome - beer flowing freely and loads of sausage. Despite there being 50,000 people you could still use the toilets at the end of the evening without wellies and scrunched up tissues from the bottom of your handbag. Williams was ok too.

Food and restaurants, brilliant and pricy. We ate at Lindenhofkeller (over £12 for a gin & tonic and it wasn't even a double!) but see separate review.

The boats plying the lake are very good value and food & drinks on board are not that badly priced given you are captive audience. We used the boat to get to Zurich centre as it was £50 in a taxi for the same trip. The boats run regularly like buses & the hotel has an interactive timetable in reception which tells you when the next one is due.

Would I go back? Yes - if someone else was paying! And I would definitely stay at the Hotel Belvoir.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyJ61
HotelBelvoir2011, Manager at Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear AndyJ61

Many thanks for your detailed feedback and we are glad, you did like your stay at the Belvoir. We hope, that Robbie Williams will have another concert in Zürich soon or you will find another good reason to visit us again.

The Belvoir Team

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Belvoir Swiss Quality Hotel in Rueschlikon, Switzerland, is sort of an antithesis to a business traveler accommodation although I understand that it is mostly hosting business people. These may, for the most part, be participating in events of the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute, a center for economic and social studies just five minutes away. The GDI is an institution in its own right, dedicated to the founder of MIGROS. Thus, the Belvoir makes you feel great when overlooking the lake and simultaneously providing a cool, functional room design with all the required amenities. The impression of being an atypical business hotel stems from the park-like and peaceful setting. If you are looking for big city noise and excitement, you should not choose the Belvoir.

Room Tip: All rooms have lake view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Ernst Schaltegg... S
HotelBelvoir2011, Manager at Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Ernst Sch.

Many thanks for your kind comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again, should you visit the GDI again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Fantastic hotel, clean, 'cool' decor, very comfortable. Rooms are really well done, for a European hotel very refreshing. View over the lake is fantastic, although there is a slight privacy issue if you are what is the ground floor on the side of the lake (people walking along the lake can see into the rooms!). However, with the blinds down not so much of an issue. Some issues that are not hotel specific like no room service after 22.30 (this is Switzerland and not in one of the main cities).

Only gripe was the customer service - very very flakey when I arrived (I called ahead to inform them of my late arrival and that I'd need to park). Receptionist was disorganised, didn't speak good English (nor French for that matter which is an official language of Switzerland). I'm a patient guy so we muddled through (showing me where to park, finding my booking details etc etc). In the morning at time of check out I just think felt the front desk was simply cold. I stay in hotels all over the world and this was some of the most clinical cold interaction I've had in a long time. Makes an impact on a guest's overall view of their stay. Nothing much else to report. Location is fine, close enough to Zurich and to motorway network.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for privacy....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
HotelBelvoir2011, Manager at Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear SUTR001
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Belvoir.
We do recognize the details you mentioned about your experience with us and have discussed it internally. It is very important for us to have a clear feedback.
We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Zürich.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I traveled for business and meetings were at the hotel. This made the purpose of the visit be efficient. However, this is not a good option if the idea is to visit Zurich. Also, breakfast food and service was extremely weak. Staff at reception was friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear 18714Rob

We do thank you for your feedback.
Although you did not stay in the City Center of Zürich we hope you enjoyed the nice view on the lake and the calm area. There are trains and a bus to reach Zürich. Within 30 minutes you can reach the City Center of Zürich.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

It's hotel is clean and modern, the hallway to the rooms looks like a prison cell complex! Rooms smallish with NO fridge, breakfast very expensive at 28 francs for a croissant and a coffee! Dinner extremely expensive for what it was. It is a 10 min walk down a steep hill to the train station to get into the city. Staff were friendly which was just as well

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R

Dear Karen R

Thank you very much for your feedback. We do appreciate your comments in order to improve constantly our services. We are sorry that you didn't like the modern design of our hallway. As for the breakfast, please note, that we do have 2 types of breakfast: Continental breakfast at 14.- Francs and a full breakfast buffet at 28 Francs, where you have a wide choice of breakfast items.
There is also a direct bus into the City, that departs just next to our hotel, so you can avoid the way to the train station.
We hope to welcome you again at the Belvoir.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rueschlikon
Romantik Seehotel Sonne
Seefeld
Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador a l’Opera
The Dolder Grand
#8 of 137 in Zurich

Been to Hotel Belvoir Swiss Quality? Share your experiences!