See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 December 2017

All you can expect from a 4-star hotel. Comfy bed, good room facilities. No complaints.

Breakfast wasn't included for €160. Had to pay an additional €30. €190 for one night with breakfast. Only in Ameland in the summer I guess. Make sure you book early!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The advantages of the Hotel Noordsee are many. The location is very good. You are 1KM from the beach and less than 1KM from the center of Nes, which is a charming little town with many great restaurants and shops. Furthermore, the amenities at the Hotel Noordsee are better than a lot of competitors. There is a large play area for the kids outside, there is an indoor pool and there is the opportunity to rent bikes from the hotel. The breakfast is also very good. Lastly, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The only complaint we have is the housekeeping schedule. We have a young child who still takes afternoon naps. Each day we would arrive back at our room around 2PM for our daughter's nap and each day the room would still not be cleaned. We essentially spent our four-day stay at Noordsee without a visit from housekeeping. This is the first time we ever had this experience.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This is a typical large hotel chain. Friendly but bit unpersonal and not cheap. Rooms are absolutely nice and clean with nice facilities. Good breakfast with excellent coffee. Friendly personel and rapid service at the front office.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We had a wonderful and lovely stay for 6 nights!!!! Most im am looking for ist always the breakfast. Its so rich and delicious!!!! This Hotel is a perfect location to explore the island of Ameland. The costumer service make me feel like home. Thank you for all this kindness and your help

Room tip: Higher floors with balcony
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

After good and friendly customerservice via phone and mail and clearly stating we wanted seperate beds, we were unpleasantly suprised that the girl behind the counter (who was really ill with the flu) explained to us, that there was no such thing. To her there was no such thing as 2 friends in 1 room in separate beds. After I explained my issues and shown my dissapointment, the manager stepped in and told us the beds could be separated. Very silly to have someone working behind the reception who does not know all the options off a room. The fact that she was visably very ill, made me feel very uncomfortable. She should not have been behind that counter, but still was the next day, coughing away.

The room was ok and clean. The beds looked ok, but mine was a little saggy in the middle. Also it was very warm in the room and hallway. Opening the balconydoor was the only way to get rid off the warmth. No airconditioning in the room present. The door could not be opened at night because off the noise outside wich was also noticable when the door was closed unfortunatly. Bathroom was ok. A little short on toiletpaper I thought. The room had a nespresso machine, wich my friend really liked, but it was hard to operate. It came with weird instructions concerning the power.

Breakfast was ok, but I reccomend not to ever get the buttermilk. I have never tasted a buttermilk that nasty.

Overall I would not stay at this hotel for that kind off money again. Location wise it is situated right in between Nes and the beach, very handy, but I will go somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: August 2016