“Nice hotel, nice surroundings”
Review of Hof van Putten

Hof van Putten
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Putten
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, nice surroundings”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Modern hotel in very pleasant grounds. Room spacious and well equipped. Bed was comfortable and we had a quiet nights sleep last night.

Food is satisfactory but not great (Breakfast cool this morning) and they have most types of tea but very little English tea.

The en suite we had was a wet room which I assume is normal.

Plenty of room for 2 chairs and free wifi in the rooms which is a plus.

OK for overnight or short stay.

Room Tip: Suggest a room in the main hotel as some in the extension are a long way from the restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

excellent place to stay. within easy reach of Amsterdam and various other attractions. food great hotel nice and clean. staff very helpful and friendly. beds absolutely fantastic. grounds well kept and prices reasonable.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

A lovely hotel with pretty grounds and free WiFi. The Hof van Putten is in the middle of a quiet very well kept town with easy access to all main roads. A railway station is a short distance away and the center of the village is just a five minutes walk and is delightful.
The staff are friendly, helpful and polite and they all seem to speak good English.
Our room was clean and tidy on arrival. Two sitting chairs and a decent sized wardrobe are provided. There was complimentary tea and coffee, there was a digital alarm clock and a TV. There was a wet-room shower with complimentary Dove shower cream. Our bed and pillows were really comfy and for us guaranteed a good nights sleep.
Breakfast consisted of a variety of breads (not toast), bacon, scrambled egg, cereal, yoghurts, fruit juice and a coffee machine. There is a restaurant and everything we ate was well cooked and delicious. In the bar guests can relax with a drink, a television is provided for important football matches if that is your interest. Our barman was flexible with closing times.
I suppose the acid test of any hotel is, would we return? Absolutely, yes

Mumbai
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here in Oct 2013 on my business trip. Putten town is very small & quiet.
Hotel is located in wooded beautiful area. Its a single story structure. Rooms were of decent size had heater, coffee maker, comfortable bed, small writing table & 2 chairs. The bathroom also had heated floor. Shower area is separated from rest of bathroom by small partition. If not careful entire bathroom could become wet. LCD television was small in size with limited option of channels. Hotel has small fitness centre and 2 snooker tables.

Staff at front desk was helpful & efficient who gave us tips on sightseeing around Putten.

Complimentary Breakfast served with scrambled eggs, bacon, variety of breads, fruit juice was nice.

Overall its a clean & decent accommodation

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was booked in to this hotel with 7 colleagues,I didn't,t personally choose to stay here,but I was very happy with the agency's choice!
The Putten Parkhotel is set at the top of a lovely drive in the middle of a lovely town!
I believe that Putten itself is in the religious belt of Holland and consequently,the town is very quiet,very well kept and very nice!
We were all booked into Suites in the main building which looked fairly new! There was further accomodation to the rear of the hotel which looked a little ' Pontins',but which too was in a lovely setting!
We arrived at Midday and as check in was not until 2pm,the lovely Lady on reception ' moved mountains' to get our rooms ready while we sat outside sampling the local beverage(s) and within 15 minutes our suites were ready! Excellent service!
The rooms themselves were very nice, all named after flowers and trees and all done in different colour schemes!
The rooms were of a good size,with 2 chairs ,a table and a desk with chair on which to work! Free WiFi of course!
The wardrobes were big and spacious although as we were only staying overnight,this did not have any relevance to us!
The bathrooms were big,with large bath with a shower over it,separate walk in shower and Villeray and Boch fittings throughout! The bathroom also had a heated floor!
Very nice accomodation!
We went downstairs and the very accommodating Chef ( a young man who,s name I unfortunately can,t remember) made s a splendid 'buffet style ' lunch with soups,salads,cold meats,warm bread ( yum) and fruits,Excellent!
We took Dinner in the Hotel restaurant !
This too was excellent with a small,but excellent Menu and an excellent wine list!
The food and service were excellent,my compliments again to the Chef and staff!
My only complaint is that there was no Night Porter and having locked myself out of the room,I had to wait 15/20 minutes for someone to come and let me in to my room,but my own fault for locking myself out really and it was 0100 as we returned from work at that time!
Everything was closed on our return,but hey,this a country hotel and much ,much nice than returning to Amsterdam!
The Breakfast was Continental style with just scrambled eggs and bacon to satisfy those in need of a 'Full English',but once again very nice!
Despite the 1100 check out,we were allowed to keep our rooms until we left at 1330 a very nice touch and once again,so different to the Amsterdam hotels!
The Reception staff were very efficient,as we're all of the staff ( my towels were changed and bed made up and room tidied by them while we were at breakfast, incidentally I had left my wallet,passport,I pad and other valuables on my bed ready for departure and these were untouched! Again excellent !
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxed stay with excellent,friendly service,in beautiful surroundings!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Beware of the sprung doors and don,t lock yourself out after Midnight! It could be a long wait! The...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank patthedrum
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We managed to book a room through a discount site and paid eur47.00 incl breakfast for two for a night. With that in mind, I didn't expect a great deal but everything was fine.
We stayed in one of the older buildings but had a room on the grond floor which meant
a door opening onto the lawn and a table and two chairs.
The room was very compact and it looked as if it had been updated recently. Everything was neat and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. No airco which on a warm day could be a problem as the sun was on the window most of the afternoon..
There was a very small flatscreen tv in the room as well as coffee and tea making facilities available.
The bathroom had not been updated and was very small, old and dated but everything in it was working as it it should and again, very clean. The shower had only a very small wall seperating it from the rest of the bathroom so you would have to be careful showering or otherwise the whole room would be wet.
Breakfast in the morning was good. It was served as a buffet with scrambled eggs and bacon as standard but fried eggs could be ordered. There was fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, fresh juice, bread.toast, cheese and meats as well as jam etc. Plentiful!
Staff at reception and restaurant were very helpful and friendly. Not a bad choice to stay in a lovely area.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room so you can sit outside if you are staying in the older buildings.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janny20
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel is located near the center of Putten. With a luscious green driveway, there is plenty of parking. The buildings look a bit like barracks and gave me a 1950s feeling. In the religious "belt" of the Netherlands it is hard to get a double bed in an entry level room. So if you want to cuddle up to your loved one, pay extra!

The lady at reception was very friendly and helpful and gave a good dinner tip (see my other review).

The room was clean and functional. It smelled a bit like old men sweat. You didn't notice it in the room, but upon entering. Also the room wasn't air-conditioned. This is not a problem the other 360 days a year, but in a heat-wave they could have vented the room before renting it out.

The breakfast was ok. Nothing special, but I've had much worse!

All and all, an average experience. But you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putten
Hampshire Hotel - Mooi Veluwe
Kasteel De Vanenburg, BW Premier Collection
Postillion Hotel Amersfoort Veluwemeer
Van der Valk Hotel Harderwijk
Golden Tulip Hotel Heerlickheijd van Ermelo
Bilderberg Hotel 't Speulderbos

Been to Hof van Putten? Share your experiences!