“First expierience”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“First expierience”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

A friend invited me to join him on an indoor skiingtrip at Landgraaf. It was my first ski experience, and hell yah it was a good one.
5 indoor tracks 7 lifts, good snow, ...

I'll advise everyone to give it a try!

Visited December 2012

• Czech first
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Indoor ski”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The ski is fun, for an indoor ski the skiing is outstanding.

There some negative elements:
Parking space are designed for small cars, SUV have trouble finding a suitable spot.
The service is overall very slow, even there are few people standing cue, you have to be patient.
Prices are reasonable, but: when I went one of the slopes was reserved for a skiteam. Meaning, you pay the same price for less comfort.
The use of lockers is not for free. You pay € 0,50. If you forgot something and have to reopen you locker, you pay another € 0,50 to close it again... I had to wait almost 15 minutes to finf an available locker...

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Georges V
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“great climbing experience”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I went with good friends and we had an awesome day. you can climb for two-three hours once you've started. You'll have to remove watch and jewelry for safety reasons. Once you're in your climbing gear and after you've watched a little safety instructions video you're on your way. You can do a little, a medium or a large tour, we did the medium tour. Some areas are easier then others but it's great fun! I'll be back to to the large tour.

Visited October 2012
Maastricht, The Netherlands
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Snowboard”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This place is unique, the perfect place to learn how to snowboard.
5 hours of pure joy! Plus we had a really nice BBQ at the restaurant.
The only minus is the cost....a bit too much.. but still a lot of fun

Visited September 2012
Hong Kong, China
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Snow in the middle of summer”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Not knowing if the Dutch summer would throw its usual rain and gale at us we booked a couple of days at this indoor ski and activities part for an active midweek with my son.

Turned out outside the temperatures rose to 35 degrees, still the ‘biggest’ indoor ski park in the world kept a steady -3 degrees and the snow was still there. But is It really the biggest? Thought the people in Dubai made something similar?

It was very quiet the first days we spend there. Most of the restaurants and bars where closed and it all had a bit of a deserted feel to it. There was hardly any AC in the inside areas so it was quite stuffy, and outside was just too hot and sunny to sit.

We booked a couple of hours on the slopes together with some tickets for the climbing park outside and an hour’s lesson for my son to start with. First thing we noticed was that all tickets have to be consumed on the day that they are bought, which leaves you little flexibility on the planning of your days.
Secondly, we booked hotel through a booking website (as we always do), this was clearly not much appreciated by the reception staff, by the way they pointed out we only booked a room no park activates where included with this.
Thirdly the price of it all was quite shocking, we spend more than double the amount than what you would pay for a full day in Dubai’s SkiDubai for just 2 hours on the slopes, which I think is a bit over the top for a snowy hill in Landgraaf.

Nevertheless, we had good fun, and the teacher was great, my son got a feel for the snowboard and he loved it. We even went back for another couple of hours the next day. But next time I’ll either get a cheap flight to Dubai, or just drive on a couple of hours more and go to a real mountain, either would just might end up to be less expensive I guess.

Visited August 2012