“A nice surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Oakton
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Luciano Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria has been serving Northern Virginia since 1973; serving Oakton since 1995! Our concept is simple. We serve fresh Southern Italian food with real homemade flavor. We make our bread from scratch and bake it four times a day. We knead our own pizza dough every afternoon. We make our own sausage by grinding fresh meat and stuffing the casing in-house. We create our own soups using fresh all-natural ingredients. We use Semolina spaghetti imported from Italy as well as make pasta fresh in-house. For those looking for a new experience in Italian cuisine we offer our "Daily Specials Menu" that contains new and seasonal entrees. But, if you are looking for old family favorites such as Spaghetti with Meatballs or Eggplant Parmigiana, made from our own family recipes, they are always available on our regular menu. Our goal is for you to experience "a taste of Italy in every bite."
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were looking for one restaurant, and made a wrong turn, which led us to Luciano's. What a treat. A bit more upscale than your standard pizza/Italian restaurant (also reflected in the prices). "Old World" charm and service. I had a meatball lunch panino (think that's what they were called), and my husband had the Italian cold cut one. Both were delicious. We splurged and ordered an appetizer of stuffed olives. Interesting dish, but didn't really find any whole olive. Salad that I had was fresh with a delightful dressing (available for sale). We'd definitely go back, and were glad we stumbled onto Luciano's.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Serving sizes are large, but that's why we have doggie bags that the dog never gets to eat! Good Italian food in a pleasant setting!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I may sound biased because I used to work at the Oakton restaurant but the food there has always been excellent. Steve has been making the fresh pizzas and Tiramisu cakes for over thirty years and it's always on point. I love the soups - I'd always have the minestrone or the wedding soup; both absolutely delicious and always made fresh daily. Their entrees are wonderful too - my favourite isn't always the meat but the side of sautee vegetables. A good tip about eating at Luciano is that if you are really into Italian food and there's something you're craving but it's not on the menu; just ask the manager for your special request and they will be more than happy to oblige. There are other Luciano locations; Tysons Corner Mall on the first floor near the tuxedo store, one in Manassas and another one in Falls Church however I must admit that the Oakton one is my favourite. Friday and Saturday nights are extremely busy so I recommend Monday through Thursday and then Sunday for lunch or dinner or both!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We have been eating here for years, as my title states, it is the best pizza in Northern Virginia. However, it is also a great place to have both dinner and lunch. The entrees are very good as are the sandwiches. My favorites are the pasta with italian sausage and peppers and the meatball and cheese sub. It is a very casual atmosphere, but with friendly and attentive service.

The only negative I have is that I do wish they would tweak their wine list. What they offer is acceptable, but it would be nice if they had some interesting Italian offerings other than chianti and pinot grigio.

And I must mention that their bread is wonderful as is their house salad dressing.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Lived in oakton for 15 years now and despite having eaten there a down times, it never made the 'where should we go tonight' list with any of us. For pizza we've been loyal to Pomoodoro (much farther away). Something has changed though! Perhaps it's the dough, the sauce...something. Whatever it is, the pizza is awesome now. Good work guys!