“Food is not bad, but way overpriced”

Luciano Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Oakton
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This tastes like inexpensive Italian food, and it's not bad at all, but they price it like a fine dining experience with super-high quality ingredients, and it's just not that good. Pizza is good, but they often undercook it.

2  Thank travelingyogi

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I wish I could have given a proper review to this place but I was not served so I can't speak to the food, only the service. My wife and I waited to be seated then walked to the back looking for someone, anyone to help us. While we came at a more unusual time (4pm for an early dinner on a weekend), someone should be at least in earshot to assist customers.

I really wanted to like this place but unfortunately I will never know.

1  Thank NickGator
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

It does have good pizza and I often grab a slice at their many mall locations. When the kids were small it was a Friday night go to. The only issue is the food drops off after the pizza. Chicken parm so so. Red sauce so so. It's a good but not great meal but worth a stop

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My family and I have been coming here for 20 plus years. The portions are good as is the food. I love the pizza and sub. If you are visiting take a visit to this place

1  Thank Luvmiguiz
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were looking for one restaurant, and made a wrong turn, which led us to Luciano's. What a treat. A bit more upscale than your standard pizza/Italian restaurant (also reflected in the prices). "Old World" charm and service. I had a meatball lunch panino (think that's what they were called), and my husband had the Italian cold cut one. Both were delicious. We splurged and ordered an appetizer of stuffed olives. Interesting dish, but didn't really find any whole olive. Salad that I had was fresh with a delightful dressing (available for sale). We'd definitely go back, and were glad we stumbled onto Luciano's.