1,098 results
All reviews great hotel free parking corpus museum science park business center hotel is located den haag excellent stay leiden university rooms are spacious business trip the air conditioning easy access city centre nice breakfast schiphol airport central station
Reviewed 23 May 2018

When driving to this hotel from the south beware of a confusing interchange. Somehow, within full view of the hotel, we got in the wrong lane going south on the expressway. It took about 30 minutes to get back in heavy traffic. Approaching the hotel from the north (direction Leiden) is easy.
The parking garage is the worst we've seen to maneuver. A steep (really steep) one lane entrance/exit followed by a 90 degree turn controlled by a stop light makes it a blind challenge. When we were there, the stop light didn't work forcing my wife to get out and watch for cars coming at us up or down the narrow ramp. The parking stalls were very narrow.
We had a king room which we thought was small and a little dated. The air conditioner, although blowing air could not cool the room - most uncomfortable all night. It had been an unusually warm day. We decided it was a lesser evil to bear the heat rather than have an engineer come into the room at night or move to another room if available. There is no good solution when the air conditioner doesn't work.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioning.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Walter S
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Leiden turned out to be a perfect hub for our travel in the Netherlands. Very happy we chose to overnight outside of Amsterdam but within easy reach of those attractions. Amsterdam is very crowded! We enjoyed renting bikes from Hilton and riding into Leiden for a meal and touring the city and university campus. Breakfast here is a plus with fantastic bread and fresh buffet as well as made to order items. A nice template for other Hiltons.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just off the motor way in Leiden, a short 10-15 minute walk to downtown. The room was pretty standard and comfortable. Since we were near the motorway, the hotel does provide ear plugs in case the road noise is too much. Breakfast was mostly continental, with a few warm dishes of eggs, bacon, sausage. They would also cook fresh eggs to order and waffles to order.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Elisa v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Leiden, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Reagan,

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and service offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate you taking time to write a comment on the Trip Advisor website regarding your stay with us.

We are pleased to read that overall you had a most enjoyable stay with us. You have marked your overall experience with a '4', which shows us we are on the right track when aiming for the high level of service.

Thank you for all feedback given about your stay. We will share this feedback with all involved departments to follow up where possible.

I look forward to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a future trip to the Leiden area. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Yours Sincerely,

Team Hilton Garden Inn Leiden

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Really happy with this HGI hotel. Working against it are the location, not walking distance to Leiden (but biking possible and they do have those for rent), no restaurants nearby, and really a rather below average breakfast.

However, all that is far out weighed by all else there. Fantastic service. Nice clean room with plenty of space. Fairly good gym. Secure parking. And really, just a much better vibe and impression than nearly and other HGI I have been too...definitely unique, in a positive way. Tremendous value. On a separate stay, I had a billing issue at which I was at fault, but the hotel worked with me on a positive resolution. That alone would keep me coming back. Definitely where I will stay on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Weissgunn,

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and service offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate you taking time write a comment on the Tripadvisor website regarding your stay with us.

Thank you for all your comments given about your stay. We will share your great feedback with the teams from the hotel.

Yours Sincerely,

Team Hilton Garden Inn Leiden

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I was here for a 3 day company meeting. The facilities are more than adequate - meeting room, food and meals including buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bed is firm, shower working well and room quiet. Only issue is hotel is isolated and 2 miles from city centre. It is convenient if you have a car, as it is close to A44.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business