“Great food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a rare meal out together whilst on holiday on the Isle of Wight we chose the Nabab as it had good reviews and rating.
We were seated and order taken straight away the service was very good and waiting staff very friendly, we had onion bhaji's and a Bengal omelette to start both of which were lovely although were only warm and it was a little bit of a wait before we had our starter. The main came out quickly we had chicken korma, garlic chicken fried rice, keema naan and chips all of which were very nice.
This is the first Indian I have had where I have liked every part of it it was very tasty, highly recommended and would definitely eat here again.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Awesome curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

Vert good food, even by mainland standards, friendly staff and pretty good value. Five of us ate and all loved it. I eat indian at least once a week so I know a good'un!

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff, good food and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Had been looking for a decent place to eat on the island and was not disappointed- banter with the waiter was entertaining and food was excellent and good value- highly recommend

Cowes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

me and my wife went for a night out to have an indian unfortunately it took forever to get the food. As soon as it arrived it was luke warm and the food taste very salty. would not recommend it.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“"Easily the best curry house on the island."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

I know that isn't saying a great deal considering the size of the Isle of Wight, but this really was one of the best Indian dining experiences I've ever had. The waiters were friendly enough, the prices were reasonable (especially being a place where you can bring your own booze) and the food was consistently great.

All the starters we had (a medley of bhajis and meat) were excellent, and that standard didn't fall when the mains arrived either; in fact, they actually raised the bar, delivering what remains to this day the best Chicken Tikka Massala I have ever had (it comes with easy recommendation). The other dishes (vegetable curry, chicken curry, and a prawn dish) were also lovely (rich, great use of herbs and spices).

The only thing I can really fault about my visit is that the tables are slightly cramped. Apart from that, there was nothing to hinder it being one of the best Indian meals I've ever had.

• Visited February 2012