“Staff very helpful to cater to my needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bengal Palace

Bengal Palace
Ranked #33 of 66 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Staff very helpful to cater to my needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have a couple of food allergies which makes dining out a complete nightmare. I usually opt for the safe option of plain grilled fish when eating out which gets boring after a while. This restaurant took the time to talk me through the menu and suggest dishes they could tweak to suit me. They were very helpful and I think this is the most selection I have had in a restaurant. We were on holiday on the island and I did not enjoy Newport but this restaurant made the trip to the town worth it.

• Visited September 2013

“A highly rated curry house, because its one of a few on the island.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I have read all the reviews in trip advisor so decided to give Bengal palace a visit, we were shown to our table, the owner was polite and friendly, ordered drinks and pompadoms, I think my drinks were forgotten as like previous reviews say the owner/waiter is running around like a headless chicken, I can only assume due to very short staffed, drinks arrived after I had eaten most of my pompadoms, we were ordering our food, the waiter helped us choose, but then disappeared halfway through to help another customer, there's another waiter who looks very nervous and doesn't really know what he's doing, he was serving food to an opposite table, the owner came over and helped, and dropped a whole dish on floor and nearly over the back of a young girl in short sleeves, my food was average but my wife's food did actually glow it was so bright with red food dye, as also mentioned by a previous review, we described the chicken as plastic chicken, the sort you get in a cheap burger,I asked the younger waiter for my bill and he said he would clear the table and then "see to it" so I went to the bar and paid the owner who totted up my bill of £30.75 , he also added a further £3.0 service charge, I think I speak for many, service charge is an option and shouldn't be added without being told, sorry I won't be coming back..

Visited September 2013
2 Thank John H
Bangkok, Thailand
“ONE OF THE BEST ON THE ISLAND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is one of the best restaurant on the Isle of Wight,very good food the hoist to very good and nothing is too much trouble for him.
Very good value great night out will be back there soon

• Visited June 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This must be the best restaurant on the Isle of Wight for value for money, the food is great and the service is excellent.
We will be back there very soon.

• Visited June 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Awful Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Whilst on a short break to Isle of Wight we decided to book this restaurant for a meal for 6 adults and 5 young children. When trying to book this for our group via the telephone we were told that "our customers do not like kids running around" so for this reason you cannot make a reservation.

I was shocked to hear what was stated and repeated the question again and the same response was given and the conversation ended.

• Visited August 2013