“Highly Recommended”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a Fantastic place to eat, the service is second to none, waiters go out of their way to please, the food, have to say one of the best curries we've ever had, our Daughter wasn't sure which curry to pick, waiter asked what her taste preference was, from that he suggested from the menu for her and got it spot on, and when the bill came I had to double take, less than £45 for the three of us all being Adult portions plus drinks, would not hesitate to go back.

1  Thank Leewallis

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice place

Very pleasant hard working owner.
I have had my best Indian curry here but unfortunately my worst too!
Bearing in mind both meals were the same they were worlds apart.
I am not sure if the chef changes from night to night but the standard of the food certainly does.
Hard to be harsh about such nice hard working people but if I have a meal I enjoy here I expect it to be the same or very simalar on my next visit.

Keep up the hard work but try to be consistent please

We will be back

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have a couple of food allergies which makes dining out a complete nightmare. I usually opt for the safe option of plain grilled fish when eating out which gets boring after a while. This restaurant took the time to talk me through the menu and suggest dishes they could tweak to suit me. They were very helpful and I think this is the most selection I have had in a restaurant. We were on holiday on the island and I did not enjoy Newport but this restaurant made the trip to the town worth it.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have read all the reviews in trip advisor so decided to give Bengal palace a visit, we were shown to our table, the owner was polite and friendly, ordered drinks and pompadoms, I think my drinks were forgotten as like previous reviews say the owner/waiter is running around like a headless chicken, I can only assume due to very short staffed, drinks arrived after I had eaten most of my pompadoms, we were ordering our food, the waiter helped us choose, but then disappeared halfway through to help another customer, there's another waiter who looks very nervous and doesn't really know what he's doing, he was serving food to an opposite table, the owner came over and helped, and dropped a whole dish on floor and nearly over the back of a young girl in short sleeves, my food was average but my wife's food did actually glow it was so bright with red food dye, as also mentioned by a previous review, we described the chicken as plastic chicken, the sort you get in a cheap burger,I asked the younger waiter for my bill and he said he would clear the table and then "see to it" so I went to the bar and paid the owner who totted up my bill of £30.75 , he also added a further £3.0 service charge, I think I speak for many, service charge is an option and shouldn't be added without being told, sorry I won't be coming back..

2  Thank John H
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is one of the best restaurant on the Isle of Wight,very good food the hoist to very good and nothing is too much trouble for him.
Very good value great night out will be back there soon