“Excellent tapas.”

44 Tapas Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Car Park - opposite - free for 5 hours 5 minutes away from Carisbrooke Castle - ideal stop for breakfast, or afternoon/evening tapas/grills Open daily from 9am to 1pm serving freshly cooked local meat breakfast - range of international style breakfast Serving Tapas/Grill meals from 1pm onwards
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having recently eaten there with local friends and been so impressed we returned again with friends visiting from New York. On each occasion we enjoyed a varied selection of innovative and delicious tapas. We would highly recommend the food and the excellent value for money.

Lars A, Owner at 44 Tapas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased you enjoyed the food and hope to see you again shortly

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked this restaurant as an end of week treat on our holiday. I booked a table at 7 for both myself and my partner.

We got a cab up and were shocked to find that the blinds were down and 2 signs read "Closed" no one had called me to explain why they weren't open. I was fuming, we had wasted taxi money and had nowhere to eat.

I called the landline whilst outside, and once back home - it rang through to answer phone so I couldn't ask anybody about what had happened.

I find it shocking that no one had contacted me, the level of customer service is appalling. Maybe the place being closed was a blessing in disguise.

The reason we chose this location was because we have a Taste Card. If you are visiting for the same reason I suggest you avoid - the money you save you will waste getting there/finding alternative food. I will also be passing on my experience to my 40+ colleagues that also recently received a Taste Card.

If you are looking for food specifically in Carisbrooke, I strongly recommend Valentinos. I have never had a bad meal in there. The prices are very good, the food all fresh and it's always busy.

Bottom line - Avoid 44 Tapas Bar - It's a long walk back to Newport!!

Lars A, Manager at 44 Tapas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Disappointed Customer,
We are very sorry that you were unable to eat at our establishment. Unfortunately our Chef was ill on the day of question and I personally called everyone to cancel their bookings and I called you on your mobile that you provided with your booking and although you did not answer I left a message explaining the situation, and I am surprised you did not receive this message.

As the Chef called in with a stomach bug we were unable to get a replacement at very short notice.
This was a very one off situation and never happened to us before but as it was also the Isle of Wight Festival this particular week all the temporary Chefs we may have been able to get to cover were already depoloyed elsewhere.
We do not like to let our customers down and can only apologise with great sincerity that you did not get the message left on your phone and had the additional cost of travelling.
If you are ever in the area again please call us and we will give you a free meal for you and your partner.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

What a find thanks other tripadvisers. We had excellent cooked to order breakfasts made from Isle of Wight produce and throughly enjoyed it. American pancakes what a treat and lovely creamy hash browns.Better still it is available until 1pm for the late riser! The young couple running it are friendly and passionate about their food. Will be back to try their tapas.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ate with friends on friday night and we all enjoyed a very tasty, authentic spanish tapas and delicious dessert. The meal was one of the best tapas ive ever had and the portions were more than ample for tapas. Fab food will definitely eat there again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Simply one of the best English breakfast's served on the Isle of Wight! Fantastic locally sourced produce makes a really pleasant and filling start to the day or even save it for brunch, either way I go back on a regular basis. Really pleasant atmosphere & the owners are very down to earth and very friendly.
Just goes to show what can be produced from the Isle of Wight and served up on your plate with several choices of breakfast.
I would highly recommend you visit 44 Tapas for exceptional food. Very reasonable and always welcoming plus free parking just across the road for up to 5 hours. Would love to try their Tapas one evening, I have tried several things on their menu which are also excellent.
Overall I would give them 10/10 for what I have been served with so.

2  Thank BreakfastKing01