“Busy, but worth waiting for!”
Review of The Blue Door

The Blue Door
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

Visited today (5th July 2021) around lunchtime, and the cafe was REALLY busy, however, the food here is excellent and so worth waiting for!
Service always comes with a smile, and the food portions never disappoint.

My party witnessed one customer complaining about her food today (I see that she has given a bad review about it). The staff handled the way they were spoken to unbelievably. I’m not sure I could have kept my cool after what she said to them!

So if you are in Newport, (or even if you’re not!), visit the Blue Door Cafe - you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank nicolawolves

Reviewed 5 July 2021

Sat and waited an hour for food. When it eventually arrived there was packaging in it. When I took it back to complain I was told it was nothing to do with them effectively accusing me of planting it. I also complained that my sons wrap was cold and not hot. The chef came out and said it was hot (so my son is a lier?) Implied I was being silly for returning my food. Apparently we waited so long because they were busy (no they were not) dreadful service there are much better places to spend my money. Only given it one circle because it won't let me do none.

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank Mish W
Reviewed 2 July 2021

Went for coffee and scones with my brother on the Thursday, and enjoyed it so much we returned with our parents for breakfast the next day! The scones were amazing, still warm when we got them, and our breakfasts were really tasty. Staff were lovely with our pup. Thoroughly enjoyed our visits and will come back when we are on the island again.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 26 June 2021

Would highly recommend this place,excellent menu, friendly service and probably the best breakfast/brunch I’ve ever had

1  Thank jimmymG7574WH
Reviewed 7 June 2021

More by the dismissive manner my friendly words of feedback were met. 'You are the only person in 10 years to complain'! I don't think so! Because the place was on the market last year one can only conclude they have given up. The food tells the same story.

Date of visit: June 2021
Voyager28591578696, Owner at The Blue Door, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Thank you for your comments. However, you are missing some words with regards to my reply - I actually said you were the FIRST person in 10 years to complain ABOUT THE BREAKFAST (which according to you was due to an overdone egg). I did not find your "friendly words" at all friendly and flicking your egg with your knife to show me was not what I would have called friendly feedback.
For your information, we have most certainly not given up and I find that comment incredibly hurtful and totally untrue - we and our team work incredibly hard and like many have had a very tough year and are once again rebuilding. We will continue to work hard as all do in hospitality.
I apologised about your overdone egg at the time and stated that we would have recooked it for you no problem had you told us.