“friendly and relaxing”
Review of Beach House B&B

Beach House B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Widemouth Bay
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great find, right on the beach. Staff are great and make you feel very welcome, bedrooms are a bit dated but work is in progress to modernise them.The room was exceptionally clean,bed very comfy, only disappointment is wished I had booked a balcony room, but when we go back( and we will) the balcony will be a definate.
A good breakfast, plenty to get you going for the day. Food in the resturaunt is excellent, sea bream was scummy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beach House B&B

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here with my wife in June 2014. I chose this hotel as it was reasonably priced, it came with a breakfast and was situated on the beach.

When booking this hotel, I wasn't expecting great things as the pictures on the internet didn't look the best. Even as we approached the hotel on the night of our stay, my excitement didn't exactly soar. It was simply the beach itself which was the biggest attraction.

Once in the hotel however, I soon had the feeling that I was able to unwind here. The staff were superb, our room had a sea view of which I had never experienced before and the breakfast was served beautifully hot the following morning.

For my wife and I, the best part of all was being able to relax with a drink from the splendid bar area. Come rain or shine, the lounge will not disappoint as the view will either provide a picturesque sunset or the sounds of crashing waves on a cosy winters evening.

During our stay, the weather was gorgeous enabling my wife and I to make use of the long garden area stretching onto the beach itself where we were able to watch the world go by. Here, we witnessed couples heading off for romantic coastal walks.

With such easy access to the beach, my wife and I were ideally placed to walk off our breakfast on the Sunday morning where we were able to soak up the energy of the young children attending the local surf school.

This was such a delightful break. We will definitely be returning before the end of the year.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are splendid, one's with a balcony create the complete holiday experience.
1  Thank TJones1982
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We always look at overall reviews (some people are just over-critical), but had the recommendation of my brother just the previous weekend. The bay is stunning, but I would not have given the building much consideration normally. HOWEVER .. the welcome was amazing, enthusiastic without being overbearing, the rooms were basic but clean (beach/sea view and good sized balcony), the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was tasty, good standard, brilliantly cooked and served (we didn't try dinner, being out and about), and every staff member encountered was like your archetypal friendly host, professional but casual. Yes, there's things to do with the hotel - we couldn't get a television signal (?), didn't matter too much, we watched the rabbits and birds, etc - we found the shower (room 4) was a rather scary juggling act of extremely fine-tuning i.e. between 'cold' and 'scald' (beware that), but these are NOT complaints as such. We would definitely stay again, for the area, and to see how (presumably gradual) improvements are going, and for the delightful service you get at the Beach House Hotel. Thank you !

Room Tip: A balcony is good, if you're a smoker or not ....
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having read some mixed reviews of this property we were slightly apprehensive - we needn't have been, we loved it here. The hotel is a work in progress and you need to know and accept this before you stay here. Beth and her team are updating it in stages and the bits that have been done are fabulous. We had an ensuite room with balcony. Yes the shower is actually in the bedroom with a curtain but this is no problem. The bed was comfy with nice bedding and pieces of driftwood art on the walls. The location is fab, right on the beach. We were blessed with good weather and it was the perfect end to our week in the West Country. The breakfast is nicely cooked to order and eaten in the newly refurbished restaurant. We had dinner in the restaurant on our first night and can honestly say that it was some of the finest food we have ever eaten anywhere. My only suggestion for an immediate improvement at this time would be to tidy up the outside areas a bit - I think this would make a huge difference. The staff are really friendly and there is a great atmosphere at this place. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an ensuite room with balcony which was to the side of the hotel. I think it would be a...
1  Thank dollydaydream377
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Apart from the slightly dated bedrooms, our stay at this hotel was thoroughly enjoyable. The food was excellent, the service was what you would expect and the views were stunning. If we are in the area again, we wouldn’t hesitate in staying here again. A very big thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome and not least a big thank you to Mim.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The setting is right on the beach with fantastic views of the ocean, sunsets, surfers and beautiful coastline . We took a long walk along the coast line, surfed, built sandcastles, ate amazing meals. The beds were nice, we enjoyed a good nights rest there at the Beach House Hotel. Everything we needed to relax or get sporty was there. Myself , husband and 8 year old boy LOVED IT!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's true, as someone has already very strongly (slightly over the top response) mentioned about the rooms they are a bit dated but they have everything you need and are wonderfully clean! And will be modernised eventually I'm sure- besides, who visits such a wonderful place and spends all their time in the bedroom!
The food is divine and the staff are gorgeously welcoming and friendly!
With straight access to the beach I certainly recommend this place!
I love it and will be back in the summer!

• Stayed: October 2013
#1 of 9 in Bude
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#3 of 9 in Bude

Been to Beach House B&B? Share your experiences!