“THE RAG INN IS A MUST!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: There is a bus stop outside the pub.
Description: Set on the outskirts of Cannock Chase, The Rag Restaurant was opened in March 2004 after extensive building work and redecoration. It has an established reputation for serving high quality, home cooked food, which along with fine wines helps to ensure The Rag provides a charming location for any occasion. Inside The Rag you will find a relaxed, friendly atmosphere full of style and comfort. Whether you wish to visit for lunch or an evening meal, you and your guests can be assured of a warm welcome.
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Our first visit to The Rag Inn today for a Sunday Lunch, with 2 friends. We booked via the online booking service for The Rag to reserve a table for 4.
We all decided on the 3-course menu which was delicious. 3 had Prawn starters and 1 Chicken, Bacon and Brie tartlet. Mains we all opted for the Lamb dinner with Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings.....delicious! Our desserts were 3 Baileys Brulees and 1 Tiramisu.
Very reasonably priced and we thoroughly enjoyed our day there.
Waitresses were extremely polite and helpful too, we were not rushed through the courses at all.
Most definitely be returning there! 10 out of 10!

Date of visit: May 2013
TheRagRawnsley, General Manager at The Rag Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Hello Lyn, we're delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to The Rag and thank you for the positive feedback on the food and our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon - we have our 2 for £30 menu Monday - Thursday evenings, which is also excellent value for money, even if we do say so ourselves!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

If you want to spend a little more on an eating out trip then The Rag is the place to go! I'm actually surprised they need to offer a 2 for £30 menu as whenever we go (and we have to make a reservation, as always full) we think the food is a good price for what you get! I don't normally deliberate over a menu when I go out, but here I do - I love the food combinations they put together and the bread to start and the jus accompanying the main meal I always look forward to. Yes - I am a regular I suppose. I go hear maybe once every 3 to 4 months as a treat and always come away wanting more... truly scrummy food, can't fault it!

Only very minor critique would be the ambience / decor - not my taste; but 'tis clean and functional. And as I'm going there to get my latest fix of good food (primary objective), not too worried about the décor so much!

Always impressed that somewhere off the beaten track has so many people eating there - I sometimes wish they were quieter and so I could not have to book in advance, but I guess that's my problem!

Date of visit: April 2013

Thank you andym53 - we always aim to please! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We've eaten at The Rag on a number of occasions and we're never disappointed. The 2 for £30 Mon-Thurs menu offers exceptional value, as does the Sunday lunch of 3 courses for £14.95. Portions good, and a great choice of Real Ales, given that The Rag is a Free House.

Date of visit: May 2013
TheRagRawnsley, General Manager at The Rag Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback - we're glad that you enjoy our range of Real Ales as well as our food and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

yet again another lovely meal. food is fantastic.
took mum and dad to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary.

Date of visit: April 2013
TheRagRawnsley, General Manager at The Rag Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

We're so pleased that you chose The Rag to celebrate such a milestone, and that you once again had a great time! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

we have been to the rag many times and never had a bad meal, there is always something new on the menu to try the staff are hard working and very friendly . last time we went we had two courses and a bottle of house wine for £30 what a bargain give the rag a try you won't be disappointed

Date of visit: April 2013
TheRagRawnsley, General Manager at The Rag Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Hi Leslie.

Thank you for the lovely feedback - we're pleased you enjoy dining with us at The Rag, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Don't forget that Friday evenings throughout the summer months we have our BBQ from 5-7pm, weather permitting.

Kind regards.