“OK...just.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of a chain
Reviewed 8 April 2013

First time here having passed hundreds of times. Having watched too many episodes of Diners, Drive ins and Dives I could resist no longer. Well fear not ye Yankees, this place is not worthy of the American diner branding. Admittedly it could have been worse but my spicy Chilli Dog was neither 'spicy' nor 'smothered'. The 'soft sub' wasn't soft and could have been fresher. Being picky, it wasn't what I'd call a sub either, more of a large finger roll. The dog was tasty, as was the chilli - the latter disappointingly lacking in volume and heat (spice and temperature).
Mrs had a Chicken burrito which was the most unappetising thing I've ever seen. It tasted OK ish.
Service -prompt
Value - poor
Chips were nice though.
Won't bother going back which is a shame because it would take very little effort to turn this place from just about ok to being worth of the Diner name.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have visited this diner several times before they have the habit of leaving customers standing at the door even when tables are free inside, food is good, service once inside is also good, coffe cups have decreased in size since our last visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Visited Good Friday, had to queue at the door although there were a number of free tables. At least three couples/famiiles left the queue due to the lengthy wait. Once inside and seated the service was very good and the food was amazing. Loved the veggie burrito, very good value with the kids eat free offer. Will return when next in the area.

1  Thank NS57
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Have visited this Diner several times before but not often enough to say we were regulars. We always enjoy our visits and it does seem that the experience is more authentically American than say Frankie and Bennys. The kids love the decor and atmosphere. Our visit was at a busy Sunday lunch time and we did have to wait to be seated but were acknowledged on arrival - and once seated were served and had our meals in reasonable time.
I didnt feel it was quite as good as when we had been before - not so much care on presentation. My son ( 6) enjoys having a flag in his burger and my BLT usually comes with a skewer - silly things I know but they seem to make a difference. My portion of coleslaw was also very small, hardly a forkful. The food was good and hot and the milkshakes are delicious and enormous. Im sure we will be back again.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Geared Up Events makes sure that it's got everything when it comes to Events, restaurants and bars. This little restaurant is just on the right hand side as you enter cannock and on the left as you leave. The car park is vast for the amounts of seats it has as it's not a very large restaurant.

Ok, So where do we start? the trailerpark feel upon looking at the restaurant gives a really quirky but fun feel befroe you enter and you can see from outside that it's filled with american memrobelia. We entered through the doors and were asked to wait by a sign to be seated. The waiter then asked us how many and seated us just to the left of the doors at the first table on the left. The table isn't oversized and it's actually quite cozy. There were a few people eating there too but it wasn't full. (the only thing I will say is there was a double booth i would have liked to have sat at, just being picky I prefer more room myself. However I didn't ask to move)

He then asked for drinks of which I had a peanut butter milkshake being very american and my partner had a mint chocolate smoothie. They then arrived at the table a glass and half a metal tub (presuming what they made it in. Well worth the money!

The waiter then took our orders, I decided to go very british with an "All day breakfast" and my friend ordered pancakes. I also added a side of french toast and syrup too.
The food arrived within about 15 minutes which was fantastic and is also all arrived together!!! Something that rarely happens in restaurants. The food was hot and there was plenty of it. It was cooked very well so compliments to who ever cooked it. The sauce is not on the table all you need to do is ask for it! The only downside was that the waiter asked if It was all ok when I had my mouth full (I felt a little odd trying to swallow my food and answer him) however it didn't ruin a good meal and thats the main thing.

The menu is abslutely fantastic with various burgers, pancakes, sides and breakfasts and milkshakes. I saw one burger go to a customer and it was HUGE! so im glad i didn't have one as i wasn't that hungry. All the food looks great too!

There are toilets and they are clean (Though small) all you really need for a small restaurant. The parking is free and evry member of ostaff that was working were very pleasent and helpful which is fantastic. I will definately be returning and I have reccomended it and even travelled from Derby just to visit a few times.

Highly reccomended for an alternative family/friends/Business meal and an american experience and it's not far away from the town centre too!!!