“Disappointment. Would not reccomend.”
Review of OK Diner

OK Diner
Ranked #34 of 128 Restaurants in Cannock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of a chain
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had to wait 15 minutes for a table, others waiting saying that they had been waiting over 20 minutes yet half of the restaurant was empty tables. Staff walking past not even looking at the potential customers waiting and then just standing around in groups talking to each other.
When finally seated and passed the sticky menu, I ordered the yankee doodle dandy. I asked if the pancakes were made fresh to get to get a response from the server of 'no, erm they came out of a packet'. Disappointing start to say the least.
Drinks ordered, when putting the sugar into my tea I noticed a dead bug on our table (see photo). At the this point i was getting a little excited about my brunch.... how wrong I was.
Breakfast served, everything was just 'warm' and was cold by the time I was finishing. Pancakes tasted the same as the dire McDonalds ones. Bog standard frozen hash browns out of a packet. The 'crispy bacon' turned out to be dry, burnt, and obviously reheated. Whereas my partners bacon wasn't crispy in the slightest, not even slightly brown.
When we received the bill which was almost £20 for 2 small breakfasts we weren't happy. Our waitress asked if we enjoyed our meal, when I said no and explained she seemed a little shocked but just said sorry.
We paid and left, still feeling hungry, and feeling ripped off that we could of got a better breakfast elsewhere for a fraction of the price. Safe to say we shall not be returning and we are extremely let down. Would not recommend to anyone, have been completely ripped off.

2  Thank Alexandra W

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great time, the service was excellent and food amazing. It arrived quickly and was good value for money

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Arrived for a meal with parents, have been many times before without problem but walked in this evening and was like walking into a chiller fridge. Initially seated us at a table directly under air con blowing freezing cold air at us. We asked to move tables but was still ice cold and extremely uncomfortable. When mentioned to staff, they cold me that they could not control the air conditioning so basically we had to put up with it........we didn't, we paid for our drinks and went elsewhere where we had a nice dining experience which wasn't like sitting in a fridge. Really disappointed, no customer consideration, no customer service or apparent customer management experience........the staff on duty didn't seem to be bothered or care about whether their customers were in a comfortable environment, you stay, you put up with it seemed to be the attitude!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been to the restaurant a number of times in the last 2 years and was always enjoyed it, however the experience of last night as may me think.

There was 2 staff waiting and was served a male who asked us to wait 5 minutes to drinks but took 15 minutes, followed another 10 mins to get a meal order to the waiting and party included two small children.

It took 25 minutes to cook and the food as always was good but a table behind us ordered food at the same time and did not get it because the server did not registered it not did he rectify it.

I would give it 3 out of 5 due to previous visits but last night was 1 out of 5. Needs to improve

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We visited this Diner on the way home from Drayton Manor, it was the outside appearance that attracted my missus, very American and she loved it, When we went in we were met by a Waitress called Alicia who was extremely polite and helpful, she showed us to our table, presented us with menus and gave us time to make our choice, my missus and nipper ordered and i wasn;t ready so again, Alicia gave us more time to choose. the food was awesome, the service was amazing and we'll definitely be going again.... I say to the managers of said restaurant, my full credit goes to your chef and young Alicia for their service... A***