“Standard Premier Inn with the friendliest staff ever!”

Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Pretty standard Premier Inn, the usual good standard of cleanliness, decent decor and well maintained. Most Premier Inn staff are good but these ones went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. Within minutes of asking directions to a local supermarket, the receptionist was handing me the post code for my sat nav apologising that the route was too difficult to describe - that's very thoughtful service!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Brian G
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for your very kind comments regarding the service you received from my team. I will be sharing this with them all.

We do guarantee all of our guests have a comfortable stay with us, and I am glad we met your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Party of us were attending our daughter's wedding and we stayed 2 nights. We were originally offered a room opposite the stairs which I thought might be a little noisy and the receptionist not only moved us but also gave us a bigger room overlooking the rear of the hotel. I booked 6 rooms and and everyone was very happy not only with their rooms but also with the service. All were impressed with the breakfast. Only downside was that I and others in our party thought other meals were a tad pricey. As someone else mentioned it's probably best to book a table for meals. Was our first time in a Premier Inn and will definitely use again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

I would like to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the service you received whilst staying with us. I am also pleased to hear that you and your party were all happy with your rooms. We do strive to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

I hope you all had a wonderful time at your daughter's wedding, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The receptionist was very helpful on arrival. The room was tidy. I think the chair provided should have a softer cushion. The bed was a tad hard for my liking, but others may like that. The breakfast served in the restaurant was superb, everything you could wish for served by en extremely efficient and polite waitress.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel and receptionist. I will definately be passing these on.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Premier breakfast and the service you received. I will forward this onto the Restaurant Manager so he can share this with his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Well situated off the M6, the hotel was busy with a hockey tournament, so the restaurant was booked till late. However, the receptionist was very helpful in recommending alternative restaurants nearby – even printing out the menu of one for us! The room was standard Premier Inn fare – a bit too small (no room to sit at the dresser in front of the mirror), but clean and tidy. We had a room at the back, overlooking a more remote car park. We could imagine, from drinking in the bar, that one at the front would be noisy with the traffic from the busy road nearby. The bed wasn’t the most comfortable Premier Inn one we had slept in, and the foam pillows a definite negative. You get what you pay for, and as we didn’t pay a lot, it was a bed for the night, and that’s all.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the hotel near the road
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Cannock South Premier Inn. I am very glad to hear that you found my receptionist very helpful in trying to accommodate you in an alternative restaurant nearby, I will be passing this onto her.

We do aim to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable stay with us and I am pleased to know you found our rooms clean and tidy. However, I do apologise that you found your bed a little uncomfortable. We have recently had all of our beds and mattresses replaced with new in the hotel to ensure Premier Inn maintain their high standards.

We do hope to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Book for dinner always busy.
Very firm beds, I mentioned this and was told that its because they were new. Not that this would be changed under their good night guarantee
staff in the hotel and restaurant were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. At Premier Inn we strive to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found our beds very firm.

All beds and mattress have recently been replaced with new in the hotel to ensure Premier Inn maintain their high standards.

I am glad to hear that you found all staff very helpful during your stay and I will be passing your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a few times usually very good but unfortunately on this occasion it was very cold and there was a door in our room which I think allowed the room to be linked up to another room for larger groups but I could hear everything next door said and did which made us feel like we couldn't relax because they must have been able to hear us too!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Cannock South Premier Inn. Our aim is to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable stay with us, however I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the temperature of your room and noise from adjoining room.

We have recently had a refurbishment on our windows in the hotel, with all being replaced. This has had an impact on the temperature of our rooms, making them warmer.

We do hope to welcome you back to us in the future, and to ensure you do not have a room with an adjoining door, please feel free to contact one of my team before your arrival who will be happy to help.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at the Premier Inn because we were going to a family birthday party in the area so decided to make a week-end of it.The premier inn was one of the best hotels we have stayed in .Although the rooms were on the small side they were still very comfortable spotless clean and had every thing you could need.
We went to the Beefeater (longford house) attached to the hotel for a late lunch and breakfast the next day and the food and service were fantasic.
I dont think i have ever stayed in a hotel where every member of staff were amazing including the staff at the restaurant they are a credit to the premier chain .
We paid 39 pound for our room and my son and his family paid the same for the family room and they could not fault it either
.We will definitely stay at a premier inn again

Room Tip: room 57 faces the main road room 33 faces the restaurant
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I will definately be passing these on to them all.

We do hope that you enjoyed the party you were attending, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock
The Moat House
The Moat House
#1 of 1 in Acton Trussell
Travelodge Birmingham Hilton Park M6 Southbound

Been to Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel? Share your experiences!