“Good base for the area”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good base for the area”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Have stayed a couple of times here. Rooms are comfortable but starting to show their age. Cannot comment on the breakfast as McDonalds is across the roundabout and they only charge £1.99. Wifi is free for a limited time, would prefer hotels to stop charging for wifi. Staff are very friendly and so will return. Car parking can get awkward due to Beefeater customers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you have found your rooms comfortable when staying with us. As a team, we are continuing to look for ways to improve our hotel so that we can always maintain our high standards that we guarantee to all of our guests.

My Team will be happy to know you find them very friendly and that you would be happy to stay with us again.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

First time at this PI for us!
Easily accessible off the A5 heading into Cannock, but straight away I will point out that the Satnav may try to send you onto the M6Toll. You dont need to do this! The A5 will lead you right up to the PI.
Anyway, an average PI this one. Our room was a little cosy and small but not unpleasant!
Staff were friendly but I fear overworked as I will explain later.
Theres a big enough car park with an overflow as the in house restaurant is a Beefeater. The restaurant was all ok. Being fans of Beefeater this one was as good as any weve been to.
Back to the PI, our only niggle was the fact, once again, that the cleaners are about at 9am. That i can handle, but they DONT NEED TO TALK LOUD TO EACH OTHER!!! It woke me up and we then got ready to leave 2 hrs earlier than planned.
When we went to mention it to the receptionist on leaving, she was on her own and concentrating on a phone booking. After a minute of waiting with no acknowledgement, we just left.
Overall view. It was nice enough. Would we go again? Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a room out the back if you are a light sleeper. The insulation is good but just be prepared!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Cannock South.

Im glad to hear that you found your room cosy and pleasant to stay in. I'm also pleased that you found my staff friendly, but I do sincerely apologise that you were awoken by our maids on the morning. I will be taking the time to speak to them all to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Please also accept my apologies that you were unable to leave this feedback on your departure due to reception being on the telephone with no acknowledgement. If you would like to speak to me further about this, please don't hesitate to contact me via my email address at PITL.CannockSouth@Whitbread.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

staff need to learn how to wait on and get food out hot not waiters fault but chefs waiting staff sould refill things when run out and not leave to last minute and to empty tables after each course. beds a bit hard room warm and large. the staff on arrivial very helpful and so was the night porter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Norfolk
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Well having had a previous horrendous stay at a nearby hotel, I chose to come here for my return trip....wisest decision i made! The rooms were really comfortable - great pillows - staff could not do enough to help in both the premier inn and the beefeater. Great breakfast, plenty of choice, rooms clean, plenty of parking, I could go on and on. If I ever had to come back this way I would have no hesitation in staying here again or even recommending it to others, the staff are an absolute credit!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Cannock South.

I am extremely pleased to hear you had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. This is what we strive for as a team and brand. I will be passing on your feedback to the General Manager of the Beefeater as he will be happy to hear of your comments, and will also share this with my team.

It's great to hear you would recommend us, and we all wish to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here September 2012 and this definitely was the best nights sleep I had had in a long time,well done.
The staff were friendly and helpful and this Premier Inn has the added advantage of having a very nice restaurant and bar straight in front of the reception.
The pillows were made by Foggarty and were VERY comfortable.
I looked at the label specially so that I could buy some my myself as they were so comfy, not too hard not too soft.
All in all a good nights sleep at a lovely budget hotel,thank you

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Premier Inn Cannock South.

I am very glad that you experienced a great nights sleep and a comfortable stay, as this is what we guarantee to all of our guests. My team will also be pleased to hear that you found them very friendly and helpful.

We hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay in Premier Inns as my preferred budget hotel and always get a comfortable night there, but Cannock South was even better than expected, due to the unstinting welcome and friendly service of all the staff. I was traveling alone and had driven 200 miles in dark and rain, and the level of service made all the difference. All other facilities as good as ever.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us.

At Premier Inn, we strive to ensure we maintain our very high standards and I am pleased you received exceptional service from my team and were happy with our facilities at site.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Wales
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We found this Premier in easily at it was at the centre of a number of road hubs- that is a real bonus. Car parking can be a problem I would guess - but we had no problems finding a space close to the reception.

It is one of the older style Premier Inns- so rooms do tend to be smaller and not have the up to date facilities of the more modern establishments. That on one side - the staff, both reception and housekeeping, could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The room could have been a little warmer- but after a period of time and cranking up the heating it wasn't too bad. We were pleased we had a room at the rear so we were not disturbed and had a good rest.

Would probably use again if in the area

Room Tip: Ask if they have room away from the Beefeater and car park
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at Cannock South Premier Inn.

As a team, we are continuing to look for ways to improve our hotel so that we can always maintain our high standards that we guarantee to all of our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you found all my staff very helpful and pleasant. I will be passing this onto them.

We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock
Days Inn Cannock Norton Canes M6 Toll
Oak Farm Hotel
Oak Farm Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatherton
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Travelodge Birmingham Hilton Park M6 Southbound
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Been to Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel? Share your experiences!