“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stay here regularly for business, overall the rooms are good and the reception staff (Sophie) looks after me and my colleagues while we stay. food can often take its time, but other than that its a good hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nayflint
Abi G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Nayfint,

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel staff particularly Sophie; we are glad she was helpful during your stay and that you enjoyed your break with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Abi Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is in a good location for access to Staffordshire and the midland regions. The hotel is easy to find as it is the tallest building for miles around. Close to the M6, M54 & M42 motorways and the A5 and A38. The hotel itself is modern and the rooms comfortable with all the mod cons such as air conditioning & flat screen tv. There are also many places to eat. I opt for the local carvers, and there are a few to choose from. The staff on reception (Sophie in particular) are friendly and professional and go out of there way to help if needed. I would recommend this hotel without reservation and will certainly be staying more often.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank paul p
Dear Paul P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We really pride ourselves on providing a friendly service and keeping a very clean hotel up to Ramada Standard and I was pleased to read you found this to be the case. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff specially Sophie.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Breakfast area, cold plates, not up to renewing empty food stock quick enough,
People had to knock on kitchen door to be served eg more cups, more bread .
Staff did not seem happy and privileged to help customers .
Bedroom- service poor. The maid was very reluctant to get me a new big bath towel after she had thrown mine away in laundry bin. I had hung that towel on towel rail and it did not need replacing . She never did replace the giant bath towel!
Policy of other better hotels is for clients to hang their towels up otherwise those left on floor would be replaced. Ie only washing towels when required by clients thus saving water .
Incidentally that giant bath towel had been hidden ina drawer at first . Hotel very mean on towels. Also no complimentary toiletries such as small shower stuff or ear buds .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Maabbs
Dear Cleaver,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review on Trip Advisor. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Please be aware that all our rooms are in the process of being refurbished and we hope you consider us when you return to Cannock in the future.

Romford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We came to stay as we had a family party on the 12th floor which was lovely. As for our family room, the put you up bed for our 4 yr old folded as he laid in it so we put it back up and then it fell on my foot, luckily it wasn't the children as it would have broke their foot. We reported it and they came whilst we were at the party and just put it up again for our boy to get in it and to fold up yet again! So my husband had to sleep on the floor and me and my 4 year old in the double baby in a cot! When we got up in the morning I turned the bathroom light on and the whole room blew electric we phoned someone and housekeeping were not in so we had to drag all our belongings and the 2 children to the only room that was available on 10th floor where there was sick or poo all over the toilet???? Wasn't happy at all who the children being in there. Got in the shower to have the littlest dribble of water come out so I could even wash my hair as i would have had more luck in the sink! We got given breakfast for free but to be honest I think we shouldn't even have had to pay for the room it was that awful! We have never experienced anything like it!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Natalie C
Dear Natalie C,

Firstly, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you weren't satisfied with the service you received whilst staying with us. We take feedback on our hotel very seriously we will be addressing the issues raised with our team at Cannock.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Abi Gupta

Travellers are raving about these Cannock hotels

Droitwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

As budget hotels go, I felt this was rather at the bottom end of the market. The air con in my room sounded like a jumbo jet taking off. It was difficult to distinguish between the bath towel and the hand towel in the bathroom, so small was the bath towel. The pillows were flimsey and thin, the room fittings cheap and nasty.
Breakfast was limited. No muesli and no proper coffee; the coffee machine only dispensed hot water with Nescafe instant sachets available for you to use. Also there was no Flora to go with your toast, just butter.
The only good thing about the hotel was its location; close to the M6 Toll.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Away_On_Business57
Dear Away_On_Business57,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our standards and guest services.

We read with much concern the trouble you had during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay and the poor experience you had in our restaurant. We deeply regret that you did not find our hotel to your liking.

General manager
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Really pleased with my room; spacious, really clean, comfortable, lovely and bright.

Sadly, two functions were on during the day and evening (28.06.14) which meant the restaurant was not available. It didn't occur to me to check and this impacted our plans so would advise to check when booking if this matters to you.

As a result, there was a real lack of staff available, so the bar/lounge was left uncleared and no-one around to serve - except from Sam who seemed to work round the clock on reception. He was superb and made me feel that anything we needed, he would sort.

I would have rated this with a 4/Very good had there been staff available abd I would go there again - would just check the functions going on first!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mrs S
Abi G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Mrs S,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding room following your recent stay with us at The Ramada Cannock Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our room cleaning and standards and apologies for your issues at Sky bar been closed and lack of staff due to few functions on that day..

These are being looked in to as I write this message to you. Please do come back and visit us again which I hope will be soon.

Many Thanks,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was nice, although air conditioning wasn't working properly and as there are large windows it felt boiling during the day in the room. The food is overpriced massively in the bar/restaurant, it was a shame that the sky bar wasn't open while I visited. Breakfast was good. The attention of either restaurant and reception staff could however been much better, it seemed they were often bothered by serving customers...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tomas V
Dear Tomas V,,

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. Our hotel is known for our great location, great quality as well as our kind and caring staff. I'm sorry your experience fell short of our high standards.

Could I please ask if you can email me directly to gm@ramadabirminghamnorth.co.uk in order that I may get some more detailed information (dates) on your stay and establish those team members who did not deliver the level of service that we look to provide.

General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel
Roman Way Hotel
Roman Way Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hatherton
Premier Inn Wolverhampton North Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock? Share your experiences!