“Modern rooms ”

Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
“Modern rooms ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Initial reaction on arrival to the hotel was superb. Large looking modern hotel, with plenty of parking.
Reception area was welcoming. However the staff were not friendly at all. On check in and departure I had to prompt them to speak to them, and on both occasions I had to ask at the end of the conversations 'is that all' as there was never any thank you or instruction as if everything was sorted.
Room was lovely. Very clean, Spacious and lots of natural light available from floor length windows. Bathroom modern, shower could of done with a good bleaching around the door seals as they were pretty horrible.
Air conditioning was quiet and efficient.
At night however you could hear constant humming from the equipment down at the bottom of the hotel.
All in all I would definitely stay here again as it's one of the better ones in the area, just a shame no rooms were available for my next dates.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JKC969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great food, not great if you don't like lifts as the stairs are a mission!! However a great workout! Would stay again definitely as all apart from one of the staff were very pleasant indeed. In a very hot summer, the air con was a life saver!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Darrell S
Abi G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Darrell S,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Birmingham North and for taking the time to review your stay.

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay and your comments have been passed on to the team, I am pleased Staff was helpful during your stay.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for staying with us.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 3 August 2014

On arrival at this hotel I was queuing behind people that had booked into their room & were complaining that the extractor fan & toilet wasn't working, they were told they couldn't change rooms as the hotel was fully booked. Great first impression, NOT! I booked in eventually & went to my room that wasn't made up properly, after twice asking for the child bed to be made up, this was done, so we went out for tea, as the hotel restaurant doesn't open till 7pm (even on a weekend), on arriving back to the room the bedroom was finally set up, time for a shower then out to a party, there weren't enough towels. On arriving back after the party, we went for drinks in the bar area, as there was only one member of staff doing bar work & reception, people were just helping themselves to drinks, quite scary really! The following morning we went down for breakfast, which was terrible, they tried charging us again for it, even though I'd asked on checking in if it was included & they said it was! On check out they tried charging us £62 on our room, even though we didn't charge anything to the room. I just wish I'd stayed at the premier inn, which is just down the road! I'd never stay there again.

Room Tip: Goto premier inn
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank singletandpoornow
Dear Singletandpoornow,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review on Trip Advisor. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. Our hotel is known for our great location, great quality as well as our kind and caring staff. I'm sorry your experience fell short of our high standards.

Could I please ask if you can email me directly to gm@ramadabirminghamnorth.co.uk in order that I may get some more detailed information.

Abi Gupta

Travellers are raving about these Cannock hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel with a coach party, and I must admit it was a pleasure.The hotel was spotless the rooms excellent, food was very tasty.The staff were very pleasant and helpful.I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to go back again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Doreen C,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased that we were able to offer you hassle free accommodation and that you were pleased with the quality of the accommodation and found our staff team efficient.

I have shared all of your wonderful comments with the team in order to galvanize them to continue their good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the very near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms was clean, staff was very friendly would book again. I paid for breakfast on my room package and when we went down for breakfast we was not asked what room we was from. We just walked in sat at a table and helped ourselves, not once did a member of staff approach us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annettedove

Dear Annettedove,

We thank you for taking time to review your stay in Ramada Cannock, We were delighted to read you find Hotel lovely and clean, staff friendly.

We look forward to welcome you back to Ramada Cannock.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the very near future.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

stayed overnight with ulsterbus.the staff could not cope with the number of guests in that night,the dinner was uneatable,the scrambled eggs for breakfast must have be made the night before as they were uneatable you could not use the bar as it was the dinning room the whole experience was a total farce would never stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lardyboy20
Dear Lardyboy20,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

We read with much concern the trouble you had during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you had during breakfast and the poor experience you had in our restaurant. We deeply regret that you did not find our hotel to your liking.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

I trust you will give us one opportunity to make good your impression of us.

Kind Regards

Bilston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Following a very busy house move we decided we wanted to get away for the night - not too far away but away from moving boxes. We found this hotel via the Wyndham Rewards website and booked an overnight stay with breakfast. As we were both shattered we decided to have room service and the food was excellent - very plentiful, tasty and reasonably priced. The following morning we had breakfast in the restaurant at the top of the hotel and you could see the view for miles. It was a pleasant sunny morning and contributed to a very nice start to the day before venturing back to the moving boxes.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Abi G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear SAH1877,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at The Ramada Cannock. We always try our hardest to meet our guests high expectations and was really pleased to read that we have achieved this. I have passed on our kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel and hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

My best wishes,

Abi Gupta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel
Featherstone Farm Hotel
Featherstone Farm Hotel
#11 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock? Share your experiences!