“Overpriced”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Straters great, staff really nice maybe except slightly sour faced manager , menu I think well put together, but... Ordered steaks one rear skinny, one medium with everything. Skinny arrived with imitation of the salad but cooked well, medium one arrived rare and both not rested properly bleeding on the plate. For the price I would definitelly expect more finesse.

1 Thank kami2011
INNS P, Manager at Feilden's Arms, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello

thanks for going out your way to leave feedback. We feel the menu has both good value and also excellent quality but slight tweaks were needed. We have recently reviewed the menu's and injected more value amongst it & also extended the Early Bird to Friday 5-6.30pm and also Saturday lunch 12-3pm. We do appreciate feedback and from time to time tweak changes for the better of both the customer and the business. I hope you do look at our new revised menu on Friday either in house or on our website and you can see for yourself some fantastic customer changes.

Lancashire
“Very poor experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First visit today Sunday 3 august. Looking forward to a lovely Sunday lunch with our new 11 day old grandaughter. Obviously I was expecting some quality. Oh how I was wrong!! Booked in at 5pm not busy which surprised me. Ordered drinks first 2 were wrong! Ordered food took 40 mins for it to arrive, which considering half empty !! Had to send back the 2 roast beefs cold !! Not what I expected! Finally came back just ok. Had to call someone over to order drinks. The service was terrible. Finally ordered round of drinks 1 wrong again for the second time and my red wine had the last ladies lipstick all around the glass!! Obviously I returned!! We fancied desert but I just felt needed to get out of there. The foreign gentleman I presume front of house came with the bill. Said to me I believe yr not happy. That was an Understatement. I pointed out drinks wrong for second time, and dirty glass. Not what I expected coming here.. I'll knock 15% off yr bill. Ok so I go to pay at the bar the bills wrong the waitress said the last 2 drinks were free due to barman's error ..twice. So the young barman decides to put his two penneth in. I was gob smacked with his attitude and the way he spoke to me. I said to him wether I'm right or wrong I'm the customer ! The manager was surprised with his comments he told him to apologise and he walked off!!! My reply was well he wouldn't be working for me!! I paid the bill but felt I should have walked out. Will I return ...NEVER !!

• Visited August 2014
INNS P, Manager at Feilden's Arms, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello

we are now looking at this internally and have prompted a full investigation. I have messaged you personally and would appreciate if you can reply so I can get any additional information & also make you privy to the outcome.

Dudley, United Kingdom
“Good food but overpriced”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have eaten here around 6 or 7 times recently whilst in the area on business. Whilst the food is very good and I enjoyed the meals it is overpriced. Another thing to consider is that should you have any fussy eaters with you then you many struggle to find a 'pub classic' on the menu.

1 Thank Ash P
INNS P, Manager at Feilden's Arms, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello

and thanks for your feedback. Our Classic selection we feel is priced with a good emphasis on value, in fact we are probably £1 or more competitive than surrounding competition and are looking to expand the selection and also the Early Bird Offer, so comments taken on board. The A La Carte section has been raised with all dishes prepared fresh and with the best ingredients and the prices reflect that, however we may be looking at reviewing one or two dishes,

many thanks for your feedback and as always we do listen and every now and then do make changes, hope to see you very soon,

Dudley, United Kingdom
“Nice food, possibly overpriced.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here on business and also ate most nights. Whilst the food was very good, I never had any qualms with the quality of the food it is slightly overpriced for what you get.

Also if you have any fussy eaters this may not be for you, the menu lacks some of the pub classics.

Preston
“New menu/chef not up to scratch.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went to the taster menu evening and the food was pretty good, although cold. But I noticed then that the prices were going to be hiked and that a lot of the traditional options were removed and replaced with fancier stuff. Returned a week later with my husband who had just come back from a week away and wanted a good pub dinner. We struggled to find this among the gourmet choices and were a little shocked at the prices. Eventually I settled for lamb hotpot while my other half had steak and chips. The hotpot was burned (actually blackened with hard dried out chunks of meat) and the steak was requested rare and came cooked through completely and verging on well done. The overdone steak is quite common in pubs, but since the hoo-ha about the new chef and the raised prices, I would have expected a little better. I complained to our server who was absolutely lovely and gave us a discount but feel we won't be returning. If you want a gastro-pub experience there are already a couple in Mellor and they do what they do extremely well. The advantage of the Feilden's was very well done pub food at reasonable prices and this seems to no longer be the case. I did notice that in the evening at a time when the restaurant would previously have been pretty busy, only two other parties were there. Shame.

4 Thank Lisawg