“Great food, atmosphere and friendly staff.”
Review of Maida

Maida
Ranked #14 of 237 Restaurants in Blackburn
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern British Indian, Indo-Chinese menu served in a spacious and stylish surrounding. Our menu consists of Grills, Curries, Burgers, Wraps, Wings & BBQ Chicken. Also we have a section on Fries.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked a buffet meal for the family (9 adults and 4 children). When we arrived our table had already been reserved; we were able to sit straight away but the whole of our group hadn't arrived yet. The staff were very understanding and allowed us to start our meal if we wanted. The buffet is an Indo-chinese mix which is great if you just want to try different food without having to buy a full dish meal. There is an a la carte menu but with various diets and likes/dislikes we opted for the buffet. The food is excellent and constantly topped-up with a fresh hot batch. There's plenty of choice and the food is arranged so that the salads/sauces, starters, mains, soups and accompaniments (rice, naan, etc) and deserts all have their own sections. Your empty dishes are cleared from your table and you are encouraged to use new dishes. We had a great time and did not feel rushed like other buffet restaurant. I would highly reccommend this place.

1  Thank mustaq_isap

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I eat here regularly whenever I'm in Blackburn and it consistently serves great food. From the many restaurants available to eat at, I find that the taste and variety on the menu is beyond those within the vicinity. The restaurant decor is done to a high standard and well maintained. The service is nothing to shout about, but overall a restaurant is worth dining at.

1  Thank Sohailparkar
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Attended an event here. Something was spilled on the floor during the event and after mopping this up with some kitchen towel. The towel came away black, I don't just mean a little dirty, I mean black as if it had been cleaning an oil spill.

The toilets were filthy, food remained on the floor from the last event, and the floor had definitely not been swept or mopped probably for the whole of the year.

I am so glad that I did not eat at this restaurant, because if this is the standard in the dining room, I dread to think what state the kitchen is in!!

4  Thank IloveholsNorthwest
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Booked a table for 10 people two days before arrival. Asked for a table at the back. Confirmed the booking day before.

Arrived at restaurant which was busy. Told they couldn't find my booking. Obviously my table was given to someone else.

Zero customer service.

Avoid

3  Thank Awan_m
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The food was cold from the hot buffet. I did complain to staff as I went to pay, but they provided me with a small slip of paper to voice my concerns and that was that! I didn't get any apology or any recognition of the complaint. I had recommended this place to my partner after being told it was a good place to eat. it was embarrassing to say the least and our romantic meal was spoilt by the terrible food and service. Definitely would not return.

4  Thank helen v