“An ok bed for the night”

Hill View Private Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Blackburn B&B and Inns
“An ok bed for the night”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I found the hosts friendly and warm. The room was clean and presentable. Having read the reviews before arriving I was pleasantly surprised. 35 pounds including breakfast I thought was reasonable. I agree it is nt somewhere for a romantic weekend, but for a cheap bed for the night with good access to Blackburn it suited my needs fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Brian M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Awful awful place. Stank of damp, mildew and mold.
Oh and the shower was held together by sellotape and leaking!
And flies, one dead, one alive on the pillow.
Couldn't stay there and left after 5 minutes. For health reasons alone, i'd advise all to stay well clear!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank C L

Travellers are raving about these Blackburn hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Booked this hotel as i need a quick stopover place to stay.
Upon arriving some which i can only describe as a very rude lady answered the door, she looked at me like what are you doing here?
I checked in and id dint need more then 30 seconds to see the place is shocking.
Dirty room, walls had stains, Damp smell and not to mention some nor nice hair on the toilet seat if you no what i mean! I decided to leave straight away before i get ill health!

Avoid this place and it will be the best thing you have ever done!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank robben1985
Southport
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I booked this hotel through Late Rooms.com..and after reading the reviews cancelled the room with both Late Rooms. com and also with the hotel directly.. I had never given this hotel my debit card details. Only ever gave my debit card details to Late Rooms.com. I then found the hotel had taken the full room cost from my account. Late rooms had obviously passed over my details at the time of booking. The bank is now trying to recover the funds for me but the Hotel is making up reasons for not paying it back. This hotel gets so many terrible reviews ..why do companies like Late Rooms.com still recommend them. I have never had this sort of problem with a proper hotel before. Really bad attitude from the hotel. Never book a stay here. Also beware when booking through Late Rooms.com as they are handing out your details to people who behave like this ..I have now cancelled the debit card to avoid any other unauthorised debits now my card details are in the possession of such people who behave the way this hotel has behaved.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anthony M
London, England
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This hotel is a nightmare. Do not go near it. I booked a room at the last minute as I had a close relative in critical care at Blackburn Hospital nearby. I booked at 5.30pm and told them the situation as I was not sure what time I would arrive. I also (stupidly) gave them credit card details to hold the room. In the event, my relative died shockingly quickly and I did not want to stay alone in a hotel. So I called the hotel at around 9pm to cancel the room, and was told that it was fine, and no problem to cancel. They expressed condolences and thanked me for letting them know.

I was shocked to see two days later that they had deducted the full room charge from my account. I then phoned the hotel, and had a frankly horrible conversation with the manager who said that since he did not own the hotel, there was nothing they could do. He also suggested that I was making up the entire story as a ruse to get a refund.

I work in events and deal with many hotels in many countries, I have never, ever been treated so rudely and with so little compassion in such circumstances. So, though I never finally visited this 'hotel' I urge others to stay away. I wish I had had time to check Trip Advisor reviews before booking. A lesson learned.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank FunkyMum
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

To be fair the hotel wasn't too bad in desperate need of a clean up and lick of paint but was ok for a place to get my head down for few hours before a course I was on at the brewery, got the feeling he wanted to get the money from me before I got to the room was asked " could he take the card payment now because I won't be here in the morning" yet at 8am there he was. Room was pitch black without the tv on literally couldn't see my hand in front of my face 15cm away, no bedside lamp and the view from the window was well restricted ..... By a 8foot wall.. Glad was only 1 night next time a would rather pay double and stay in a travel lodge ...

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Grahamcook87
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Our company booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the train station. Owing to some transport issues I had to stay in another hotel. When I called to cancel the booking, no mention of a charge was made and as my PA was told that credit cards were not accepted as a method of payment I thought this was an end to the matter.... until I received an email an hour later telling me that the company card had been charged. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a man describing himself as the bookings manager. He told me that he put the charge through as soon as he heard about the cancellation and could not (later changed to would not) refund it.
Very unhelpful people, and I might even go as far as to say: not entirely honest about their bookings policies.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Paul447
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackburn
Fernhurst Lodge
#2 of 4 in Blackburn
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel

Been to Hill View Private Hotel? Share your experiences!