“Sad not to return”

Ranked #15 of 231 Restaurants in Blackburn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Regular customer since opening but last three times have been a poor experience. Despite raising issue each time left feeling like the customer can not be right maybe the new property now has the focus sadly not planning on going again

2  Thank Kez1604
NeveJ, General Manager at Oyster & Otter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Kez1604,

I am sorry to hear that you have left dissapointed recently after your visit to the Oyster & Otter. If you want to contact me direct at the restaurant please feel free to do so and I can hopefully highlight the issues you had had with the team and try to encourage you to come back and visit us here or at The Assheton Arms.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant and the service was excellent. The food was average. It wasn't busy and the food arrived very quickly which was unfortunate as it wasn't cooked properly.

1  Thank melanied6345

Hello Melanied6345,

Firstly, many thanks for leaving a review. We understand it is important to gain feedback so as we can see our guests point of view and see what we are doing right, and what we can improve on. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your food on your last visit, I sincerely hope that the level of service you received will encourage you to revisit the restaurant when hoepfully you will have a better experience. We will look forward to seeing you again,

kind regards,
The Oyster & Otter

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Had our first visit last Monday and returned again today (Sunday). Professional but informal service. The rooms are decorated in walm calm colours and are light.
Had a la carte and set lunch options. A good choice of dishes was followed by well presented and expertly cooked food. Excellent duck and beef.
Looking forward to our next visit
PS
It was a pleasant change to have the specials recited and their prices also, as opposed to playing a price-guessing game.

Dear Ann,

thank you for your recent review following both of your visits in one week! I remember your visit! Its great to hear you enjoyed yourself and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. It's important to let our guests know how much the specials are before ordering, I am glad you appreciated it. We see you've left a range of reviews so it is always nice to impress those that regularly dine out!

See you soon,
The Oyster & Otter team.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Really consistent standards of service and food here ..simple cooking with some really good skills there are no roof slates , little thermo jars , silly bits of wood , fluffs powders or gimmicks just great food..

Dear Tom29bobby,

Firstly, may I thank you for your recent review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Oyster & Otter. Your review pointed out exactly what we are trying to do. Simple, honest food, where our guests know what to expect. We hope to see you again soon,

many thanks

The Oyster & Otter

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Booked an evening meal for two.When i booked I asked if there may be room for one extra if needed.I was told that the restaurant was full.Fine if that was the case.However when we arrived we were told to sit where we wanted and sat at a table for four!
Service was excellent.Scallop starter very tasty but my other half's prawn cocktail mediocre.I tried the seafood piri paella which was good but rather too hot for my liking.The fish and chips were again very nice.I preferred the atmosphere better at the sister restaurant, The Assheton arms, which was much more to my taste.I found the Oyster and Otter a tad too casual for a Friday night and felt like I was sitting on the edge of a housing estate which indeed we were..I also thought the food better at the Assheton.The sharing platter and Morrocan tagine superb.

1  Thank lexy_8

Dear Lexy_8,

Many thanks for leaving your recent review, we value our guests feedback in order to see where we can improve, and what to continue doing right. In addition, thank you for your kind comments about our sister restaurant, The Assheton Arms. Maybe when you return to The Oyster & Otter in the future we will try to become your favourite out of the two venues. We love a bit of friendly competition!

kind regards,