“Fantastic food, fantastic staff! ”
Review of Oyster & Otter

Oyster & Otter
Ranked #19 of 250 Restaurants in Blackburn
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the Oyster and Otter the other day and although I am a very picky eater, there was a variety of options I could choose from!!! My partner will eat anything so chose a steak. It was cooked to perfection! I do not like fish, so decided to choose a cheese pie. It was delicious! I think the chef was called Moustafa.

The staff were so great and helpful, service with a smile was an understatement! Liz, Hollie & Kris were all fantastic. All in all a great place to come, regardless of the weather! Would recommend to everyone wanting a nice meal and a beverage.

ManagerSPC, Manager at Oyster & Otter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Good Evening,

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your most recent visit with us and we're glad that the team were so helpful with you.

No doubt we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Called today after a long and hot walk along the Leeds and Liverpool canal.This was my first time here although been many years ago to the Horden Rake ( a pub previously ) The decor is nice and relaxing but now to why I called Pilsner Urqeul great and correct glasses. The menu is a bit confusing re catch of the day as it is by price not descriptive but the scallops and Gambia’s were superb.I or we will be back.

Good Evening,

We're glad that you enjoyed your recent visit, we hope to see you again soon for a nice refreshing pint of Pilsner Urquel.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Couple visiting from burton upon trent and i cannot believe my experience. The girls were amazing they knew all about the menu even options for my celiac partner, after double checking with holly the manager she came and spoke to us and gave us all the options and answered all of our questions. All the girls made a really big effort even though we were dining outside emma told us all about her recent exams whilst holly told us all about her move from chorlton. So refreshing to see such a young manager have so much control and awareness. Tall girl i think her name was milly was also very polite and constantly made sure we had no empty glasses on our table. We had the scallops special and the fish and chips which can be made gluten free! The otter is also in a lovely location and we have booked a weekend away in August and will be back visiting.

Good Evening,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and that you were well looked after by our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in August.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here after a long walk along the canal and found it to be a little gem! We stopped for drinks but decided to get a bite to eat and it was lovely, the girls were great and welcomed us on an unusually quiet afternoon. Nothing was too much trouble even for my fussy eater of a friend who has peculiar demands when it comes to dining! Thanks to Emma, Sophie and Hollie for taking great care of us we will definitely be back!

Good Evening,

We're very pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and I'm delighted that you were well looked after by the team.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday evening, with my wife and daughter, first time in approx eight months. Very busy and good atmosphere. shown direct to our table after being welcomed by member of management team. Food was very good, I had the sea bass in ginger and soya special , with our daughter having perfectly cooked fillet steak and my wife the fish and chip house special. Puddings were fine if unadventurous and the New Zealand Sauvignon just right at a reasonable price. Have seen some less flattering reviews on here of late, well, if there was a problem, I would say it is sorted if tonight is anything to go by, and we never heard nothing but positive sounds from other eaters.

Good Evening,

Thankyou for the feedback from your recent visit, we are very pleased that you and all other members of your party enjoyed your meals. The special you chose was one of our recent favourites too! Make sure to come and see us again soon as our specials change weekly and we're sure that you will find another tasty treat.

We hope to see you again soon,