“Surprising”

Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery
Ranked #5 of 29 things to do in Blackburn
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Blackburn's museum will be a pleasant surprise for most . Worth a visit.Good resident art and constantly changing activities especially for children

2  Thank annegornall55

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I had an hour to spare, whilst in Blackburn, so I popped in here, and I was pleased that I did. There was loads to look at, and plenty of interesting exhibits.
Well worth a look.

2  Thank Martin D
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Enjoyable visit. We saw many intriguing articles from WW1 to Egyptian mummies! This secret treasure is tucked away just around the corner from the main shopping centre and well worth a visit....it's also FREE!

2  Thank Carol T
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Myself and my 6 yr old daughter visited on Wed (25/7) her first time, mine not since 1987? It was as I remembered, with a new japenese section. We noticed signs for arts and crafts and headed upstairs, In the large red gallery, a couple of children were colouring at tables, but there was a sign on the table saying activities had finished, after checking with the 2 staff sat cutting out templates/chatting, they removed the sign and said it was open, there were quite a few lovely templates to choose and my daughter asked if she could colour in a flower, after 4 mins ( or less) was all finished, we went back to ask if we could now colour in a snake....but staff looked horrified !! 'Oh No ! just one, if you come back tommorow you can have another' !! who takes their child more than once in a week to the same museum, just how much of an economic inconvenience would it have been to let us colour another? it would've kept us in the museum longer and given us a positive experience, we were actually put out and my 6 year old was embarrassed! I don't think the staff noticed, they just carried on chatting.....what a shame, we won't be going back..but I would ask the staff, do they know how to engage with young children? encourage,support and converse/smile with the children and families present, who made the effort and travelled out of town to visit !

2  Thank DeeLancashire
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I wnet here whilst studying for Art it is a wonderful museum holding loads of fantastic paintings and provides lots of historical education on Blackburn.

2  Thank Claire S