Paid £92 (corporate rate) for standard room b&b.
Overall very pleasant, homely atmosphere and although part of a small group, decidely 'non-corporate' in a good way.
dining facilities (local produce)
plush but not over the top room
good walking opportunities in nearby hills
handy for Preston, Blackburn
Expensive for the size of room
There is another pub at the end of the road (5 minute walk) called the Traders Arms which offers better value but still delicious food, though booking essential on public holidays etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millstone has retained all the charm of the coaching inn it once was - but added all the creature comforts of a modern hotel. It is one of the highest rated AA 2 star hotels in the country and has been awarded 2 AA food rosettes. The Millstone at Mellor, Blackburn is easy to reach from the M6 or M65. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Millstone at Mellor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millstone At Mellor Hotel Blackburn
- Millstone Hotel Mellor
- Millstone At Mellor Blackburn, Lancashire