“Amazing food!”

Add it.
Changs Gourmet Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate at Changs on Friday night and we'll definitely be going back! Very warm welcome in a clean restaurant - always a good start! We had the buffet menu which included duck - this cost less than £16.00 per person. To call it a buffet is a bit of a misnomer as your food is brought to your table freshly cooked to order. All our food was piping hot and very tasty - and the duck was about the best we've had and there was loads!
We'll be regulars here I'm sure !

1  Thank Melanie E

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well all i can say is dont let the outside put you off as without trip advisor we would never have walked in off the street and we would have lost out big time.

To be honest the place is its own worst enemy as it look scruffy from the outside and it says its a buffet both would put us off but please dont be.

First off the inside is a whole lot better than the outside and its not a buffet as you would think, You order more in the style of a banquet and then choose what items are included in your list so you get a choice of around 5 soups and a choice of maybe 10 starters then your main meals and rice and stuff

We paid £15.60 each and got soup followed by 3 starters, pancakes, duck and 2 meals fried rice and noodles but we could have ordered more for the same price but to be honest we could not eat any more, The £15.60 is for the top level buffet with duck but options go as low as £11 something. All the food was cooked fresh for us and came to the table red hot and yes we never moved so its not really a buffet we would say a banquet would be a better word for it. Top food , top service, and top price what more could you want

3  Thank Diddimus
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just been to Changs we trend to forget it is there but the food is excellent. Had the buffet menu, really good value. Salt and pepper chicken wings probably my food heaven. The hot and sour soup perfectly flavoured. Was a but quiet but then we had gone at 5.30 on a Sunday. Will try and remember it more often.

3  Thank Jackiet1113
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best Chinese restaurant around. I had a great time there. Plenty of people, sometimes when i visit though there might only be a few people (I don't know why,there should be more)but I would visit more often. I love the music in the restaurant, the restaurant gives the vibe of Christmasness. I enjoyed my meal here. I would recommend anyone to have a try at one of the banquets with friends at this place, lovely food, it was delicious. I think they do takeaways too, which is quite convenient.

3  Thank Happyjoy45
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Great food and friendly staff!
Buffet where you order whatever you like and as much as you like / all food was good quality tasty and really great! Couldn't have been better! And all very reasonable - worth a trip and buffet was exceptional good value!

3  Thank RevPip