“Proper Chinese Food!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Guide Village Cantonese
Ranked #77 of 219 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Proper Chinese Food!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Even though I had herd many good reports on this restaurant I thought I must go and try it for myself and was NOT dissapointed.
The decor is very authentic from the chinese lanturns and Buddah's dotted around to the tranquil music in the background. I went with a friend and we ordered from the set menu which was very reasonable for the amount of food that you got and the food was full of flavours and cooked from scratch!!! Me friend is allergic to seafood and they even made her a fresh bowl of Hot n Sour soup without the prawns which was exceptional!!!
Everything was well presented the service was second to none and as it is a Family business everyone helps from the husband in the kitchen down to the Sue the manager and her children in service. Sue was very welcoming to us and we were not rushed into eating our food quickly we could take as long as we liked even tho they were ready for closing before we were the last ones to leave.
I recommend this little hidden gem to anyone please go and see for yourself what a delightful little place it is. Looking forward to my next visit which will definatley be soon..
Kimmi Kimmono :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kimmono1

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Several years ago I used to eat here and the food was delicious however upon visiting recently I was disappointed. We went on a Monday and chose to eat from some all you can eat menu for £16.95 I thought I was getting a bargain judging on the old standards. Food came out and it was all tasteless salt and pepper chicken, spring rolls, pancakes, it was all rather bland. You order two starters and are not allowed your main unless the plate is empty which is a little silly as sometime I like to take all you can eat as an opportunity to try new things, but what if I didn't like something. I then had garlic chicken and rice which was okay but again nothing special. The atmosphere was strange the one lDy serving us was a little rude and in a quiet place very low music on we could hear her whispering to someone behind the bar which was also off putting and made us feel uncomfortable I shan't be returning any time soon I'm sad to say.

1 Thank Cheesemeltdipper
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for the last 10-12 years. We have tried different meals from the menu and found all to be nice and tasty; however there are three that stand out by a mile. Special chow-mein, chicken with cashew nuts and the best one “crispy beef with sweet chilly sauce.
We were there last Saturday (in-laws, Mrs. and I) and we had 3 crispy beef and chicken with cashew nuts. A family of four sat next table, they all ordered the same “crispy beef with sweet chilly sauce. Surprisingly it doesn’t cost as much as you might think.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Siamak S
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“welcome start for new year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

very welcome on arrival very nice service and great food for a very nice price enjoyed every moment of it. food was hot and very nice service was very nice would love to go back very soon brill

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jammie4190
“Grubby interior. Amazing food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Went to this place for tge first time last night. Was not impressed with the inside of the place. Very dated and felt a bit grubby. The lady who served us was very friendly and the food came quite quickly and was piping hot. I opted for salt and pepper ribs and the other half has chicken and sweetcorn soup. After that I had peking chow mein and the wife had sweet and sour chicken. The food was amazing and came in at under 40 quid with drinks. I highly recommend this place and will be back. Only one word. Go.

• Visited December 2013