Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel
US$115
US$105
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspremier innthe pubfayre and squaregreat food and servicefamily roomcomfortable bedvisiting familystayed here for one nightgood nights sleepgreat value for moneyfree breakfastevening mealfollowing morningfull englishfew drinksan overnight staygood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The breakfast is tied in with the pub next door, which quite frankly served undercooked food that was just awful. We dont expect much as it was cheapish but the breakfast at £8.95 was not, and was all undercooked, the hash browns raw, the bacon flash fried and the sausages pink. That was for all of our 7 strong party, and we ate the night before and found the same problem. Had we known the breakfast was in the same place we would have waited and gone down the road. But we had committed and didnt realise until the last minute we were back in the same pub as we had been to the night before. Shame really as staff were nice, and the play area was good. Just the food, its a basic essential these days to make it edible and cooked! When I said something I was just told that they would tell the chef for next time! There wont be one sorry.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at hotel with mother in law as attending a wedding in the area the following day.
We had dinner in the adjoining pub/restaurant, the food was average but staff polite.
The breakfast the following day was nice however as bank holiday weekend there was confusion over when the breakfast was to be served and when it could be served as staff hadn't arrived on time.
The hotel staff cannot be faulted, I left my necklace in the room and when I realised I rang the hotel and they very kindly found it, and even posted it back to me recorded delivery. Cannot praise the staff enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachpre
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had to attend a funeral in Blackburn and needed to find somewhere to spend the night. The Blackburn North West Premier Inn was the closest, so we booked in there. It is easy to find and has a good-sized car park, As I am disabled, I was also pleased to find disabled parking spaces close to the entrance.

Although they did not have a disabled room available, they found us one on the ground floor right next to reception – so very easy to get to.

The room was clean, tidy and very adequate for a comfortable nights stop-over. The bed was huge and very comfortable and we would have had a great night’s sleep if it wasn't for the elephant doing a John Travolta dance routine above our room. Obviously we do not actually know it was an elephant, but the bangs and stomping coming from the room above suggested a large animal stomping around in the early hours. This is not the fault of the hotel, they cannot be held responsible for guest’s keep fit regimes during the early hours and, had it not been for this, we would both have slept extremely well in the comfortable bed.

The water in the bathroom was really hot, and the shower extremely powerful - a great change from some hotels where you turn the shower on only to be greeted with a tepid trickle of water.

A suggestion to the PI organisation. Our room was a perfect temperature, but walking out into the hallway was like walking into a blast furnace. I have no idea how hot it was in our corridor, but I reckon Premier Inns could save a fortune and increase their bottom-line profit margin by turning the heating down in the corridors.

One thing that really has to be mentioned is the staff who were so incredibly friendly and helpful; in particular Sue who is was so charming, welcoming, happy and helpful. It makes such a difference to have staff who really appear to care about you, listen and make your stay at their hotel so welcoming. At breakfast, she was kindness itself, and encouraged us to eat all we could manage – something that I attempted, but there was no way I could have met this challenge.

Breakfast was, quite simply, excellent….. There is another large chain that could learn a great deal from Premier Inns – Holiday Inn Express are you taking note? The breakfast we had the last time we stayed at a HI Express was, indescribably dreadful and we will not stay again.

In complete contrast, our breakfast at the Blackburn North West Premier Inn was quite superb. Being that we had an extremely long drive, (nearly 5 hours) I opted for the full English which was cooked to order. - No eggs, sausages and bacon left in 'heated' trays to lie there over-cooking. My fried eggs were perfectly cooked, the whites a bright white with no sign of over, or indeed undercooking. My three rashers of bacon ( I know) were cooked exactly as I requested, crispy – but not incinerated. The sausages were really tasty (again the opposite of the Holiday Inn Express which I left as they tasted so awful) and the mushrooms were sweet and, again, cooked to perfection.

Yet another redeeming feature was that the breakfast was not swimming in fat, or cooking oil. In summary, it was a real pleasure to eat…. Now all I have to do is to burn it off.

So, well done Premier Inn Blackburn North West and thank you Sue – who made our stay there special with her friendly and helpful manner - a mark of all the staff we met there and spoke to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We recieved a courteous welcome and clean rooms with the facilities we required. Staff were all very helpful and breakfast was excellent. Bar can get busy but there is another bar not part of the group if you want a change. Thanks for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very nice and relatively quiet location not far from the motorway. Comfortable rooms as you would expect from a Premier Inn. Extra bed for child not as comfy, though. Breakfast could have been better (get some tasty bacon!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family