All reviews premier inn fayre and square family room visiting family room was clean and comfortable stayed here for one night pub food free breakfast evening meal great value for money following morning few drinks full english an overnight stay good size couldn't do enough bath
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We booked 2 nights for 3 rooms, doubles and a family room. We booked in late on Friday but at different times. This was no problem, as on booking your could estimate your arrivals. Rooms are very spacious clean and have very compatible beds. Breakfast was included with 2 off the rooms and we just paid for the others on the day. Very close to Blackpool (20 mins) away, so we had 2 nights for the same price as stopping in Blackpool. Restaurant had a good choice for everyone and served until late. What more could you want

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Good Night Inns
BoddingtonArms, Hotel Team Leader at Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Thank you for providing us with a great review of our hotel, it is important to us to receive these reviews.
Estimating time on arrival is really important for us as we do plan shift patterns around this - as the Hotel team leader, I am generally on shift until 9pm on a Friday evening, so it's great to be able to know when people plan on arriving where possible so thank you for keeping us up to date on your travel plans!
Thank you for mentioning our spacious rooms, whilst I understand that many hotels are being rebuilt and refurbished, to me personally there is nothing worse than a pokey room if you are staying more than a one night stop-over (London is the worst for that!)

We are very flexible with breakfast as we understand that not everyone is sure whether they will fancy it the necxt day, and so the option to pay on the day is great!

Thank you for commenting upon our adjoining resturant, I will pass this message on and I am sure they will be really pleased.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Hello everyone! Happy New Year.
This may seem like a very strange review to you all as my daughter, Emily, is the Hotel Team Leader ( so you would expect me to write nice things!)
As a family we very often eat in the restaurant here as it's local for us.
The portion sizes aren't huge but that suits us. There is more than enough though, so, if you think they're too small maybe 2016 is the year for you to cut back a little .
The ambience in the pub is lovely, always nice and warm and welcoming. I feel I must also say that this is a good choice of eatery for people with prams, wheelchairs etc as it's flat, with a very accessible car park. Outdoor seating area is good and childrens' play facilities (inside and out) mean the little ones are catered for too.
I particularly like the full sauce compliment on the table rather than useless sachets you get in some higher priced restaurants.
The beer is always great too and good prices. You can tell pumps are cleaned regularly.
On the whole, even if Emily didn't work here, we would still visit regularly as we always have a good experience.
If I had to have any criticisms at all it would be that sometimes the place seems understaffed and other times too many staff but that's because it's difficult to judge when busy periods will occur. Due to location of the place, it's always going to get busier when the sun is shining or there is a local event on. Maybe Emily could look at what's happening locally in the coming months to try to predict staffing levels?
Like I said, due to our daughter working here, this review was always going to focus on positives but I think I have tried to give an honest review without too much bias!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Always enjoy going to fayre and square at the Boddington Arms, really good food at a reasonable price some meals are 2 for £10 which is really good value as my wife and I always like to get the all day breakfast, only slight downside is the potion size seems to have gone a little smaller than our last visit, could be a one off maybe. Staff are excellent and very friendly.

Would defo recommend a visit to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BoddingtonArms, Hotel team leader at Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Hi there,
I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our adjoining resturant, I will pass this on to the pub team as I am sure they will be delighted. It's great that you have taken advantage of our 2 for £10 deal price and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed it.

Thanks for your feedback on portion size - I will pass this on to the kitchen team, there are set guidelines for the portions set by the company, so hopefully in future, if the kitchen these there will be no disparity between portion sizes each time you visit any Fayre and Square resturant.

Thank you for your kind comments towards the staff, we do pride ourselves on making every guest feel welcome.

All the best for the New Year, we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in 2016.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Good location, about what you'd expect for £29 night. Annoying alarm in reception and elephants above you. Only had 1 hand and bath towel for a family room but additional supplied on request. Useful having pub attached.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank royalsfan1

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated. You did get the generous offer from Goodnight Inns website of £29 rooms over the festive period - Our rooms usually are around twice as expensive as this, so I am slightly concerned that you do not seem to have recognised this as a good deal for a family room - I will pass this on to higher management.

There is an irritating alarm in reception, which has been caused by a fault in our alarm system, as I type there is a gentleman repairing this. Although this started on Christmas Day, I can appreciate why no work men were able to attend to it until now given the time of year. I am not aware that you can hear this from the corridor or any of the rooms though so guests should not be disturbed.

Apologies about the towel situation, more are always available on request if our housekeepers ever forget to add extras so I am glad this wasn't too much of a problem for you.

All the very best to yourself and your family for New Year.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Took advantage of the £29 Xmas room offer just prior to Xmas which was splendid value. Requested an upstairs room, as last time on ground level we found it disturbed by people standing talking outside , by the entrance/exit door.
Room was as expected, clean, well equipped & comfortable. Downside was the bathroom, also clean, but the hot water tap in the washbasin did not work & the toilet lid was insecure. Reported to reception next morning but felt that this should have been dealt with prior to guest occupation. The shower was excellent, no complaints there!
Did not take advantage of breakfast as were very disappointed last time & other options exist nearby.
Will visit again & hope all is working.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Good Night Inns

Thank you for your review it is much appreciated. I agree, the Goodnight Inns festive offer of £29 rooms was a steal which you did well to snap up! Apologies for disturbance on your previous stay, sometimes especially at busy weekends the noise level can creep to higher than I would like, but we do have a Nightporter on duty who does regular corridor checks to try to counteract this.

I believe the room that you stayed in was 217 - unfortunately the tap problem is an issue that has been recurrent for a couple of weeks and has now been rectified, apologies that this was not pointed out to you on check-in as if the person on duty had been aware of the problem, we always point these things out or offer to move your room.

We do hope to see you again in 2016, I am doing a few routine maintenance checks over this quieter period so fingers crossed everything will be 100% when you next visit us.

All the very best for 2016, we look forward to welcoming you again in the New Year.