“Fill your plate carvery”
Review of Old Mother Redcap

Old Mother Redcap
Ranked #173 of 232 Restaurants in Blackburn
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Visited the Old Mother Redcap on 18th April 2013, with 3 grandchildren and parents. Arrived at 4pm just after school had finished and ordered 4 standard carveries and 3 childrens smaller carveries. I had 2 slices of gammon and a slice of turkey. The gammon was excellent but the turkey quite dry. Very little stuffing and cauliflower was ready, perhaps that was down to the huge obese male who had stacked up his plate to a height of 8 inches high and had piled his food to the optomen height available without falling onto the floor, no wonder he was in excess of 25 stone! greed,greed greed! Our family all agreed the food on offer was acceptable without being great. Overall including drinks our bill was £40 so was good value. I have had better crown carveries but Red Cap is local. I wont be rushing back but will return sometime in the future, hopefully Mr obese male will not be present.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We used to come here on a regular basis & as we hadn't been for quite a while I decided to take the kids & meet up with some friends. I have to say it was quite a let down as the price has gone up, the meat was very dry & the roast potatoes were overcooked & the boiled potatoes have now been replaced with mash, which was rather hard to get out of the dish

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Children running round everywhere. Food average. atmosphere average. All you can expect from a carvery I suppose.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Friendly, good service. Very good price for what you get. Always choice of 3 meats, plus pie and veggie option.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The carvery is great value for money. As it's near where we live, we go often. There is a choice of turkey, ham and beef and a good selection of veg, plus pies which is fairly new. At less than £4