“Nice meal out”

Ranked #34 of 102 Restaurants in Castleford
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Based in the fabulous Xscape Centre in Castleford with its snow slope, rock climbing, cinema and bowling alley amongst others, Bella Italia is the perfect restaurant for a spot of Italian grub. With an affordable menu offering some great dishes, visitors to Xscape can't go wrong at Bella Italia. Tuck into dishes such as the 7oz sirloin steak with garlic mushrooms, fried and rocket topped with béarnaise, peppercorn or mushroom sauce or perhaps go for a pasta dish such as the spaghetti with prawns in a spicy tomato sauce. Desserts such as the tiramisu or chocolate fudge pudding round off proceedings perfectly.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had Garlic Batons with dipping oil for our starter - always a favourite. Pepperoni Pizza with extra mushrooms for my main which was nicely cooked and tasty. Partner had Americano Burger which was well presented and devoured in quick time.
Used Clubcard points to make the meal excellent value for money and will go to Bella Italia again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We visited Bella Italian last year,this time was much improved than last time my son had garlic king prawns which he said were very good my husband had the meatballs which he loves and I had garlic mushrooms which were delicious,for our main course we all had pizza's and they were all very crisp and tastey,we were served by Martini who was very good we will definately be visiting again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We weren't planning to eat here but I'm glad we did. Nice restaurant with friendly helpful staff. The kids had pizza and we had burgers, one meat one veggie. It took around 30mins for the food to arrive and at first I thought the portion sizes looked on the small side considering how hungry I was but I needn't have worried as it was very filling. The only complaint I would have is about the price of desserts. Averaging around the £5 mark I personally think you should get more for your money. I'm not greedy but I do want value for money and will happily pay a fiver if it's worth it but I dont think theirs are. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there for mains but would skip dessert.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We eat at Bella Italia's regularly and are usually impressed by the service and standard of food. The one at xscape in Castleford really lets the chain down. Dirty tables, filthy glasses, outdated and dirty decor were off putting enough but the worst part was they didn't seem to have the extractor fans on in the kitchen which meant that the entire place was filled with horrible smelling greasy smoke. It was that bad that we have had to get our coats dry cleaned as the smell wouldn't leave them. Food was very bland - we've had the same meals at different Bella Italia's and they have been wonderful. We chose this place out of all the other chain restaurants at xscape as they usually don't have the poor service and food as some of the other well known chains but we were wrong and will not be going back!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Firstly I would like to say I love Bella Italia but I always go to the restaurant at Birstall. We decided to eat at Xscape for a change.

I did book a table, but really didn't need to. The restaurant seems quite outdated and cold.

We ordered garlic dough balls to start (as we normally do) they did not taste garlicky at all, in fact the dip was very oily. My main course was the duck pasta in plum sauce, this tasted very peppery and not the same at all. My partner ordered a vegetarian burger, which he said was ok but has tasted better.