“Nice food but so quite”

Prince William Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #49 of 97 Restaurants in Castleford
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Prince William is a family friendly Carvery restaurant situated just off Junction 31 of the M62. We Serve food from 8am to 10pm everyday. Come in for our great value all you can eat buffet breakfast at just £4.29, 8am-11:30am, or enjoy a main meal from just £4.99. Hand carved roasted meats, 100% hand rolled fresh dough pizzas, and stacked up burgers, all with unlimited salad or veg. Enjoy great value draught Beers & ciders, or maybe a craft beer. We show all major sporting events across BT Sport & Sky Sports channels LIVE on 6 big screen TVs in the bar with all our great food and drinks offers available to all.
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the 23rd Jan and noticed that the menu has changed and they now do other pub classics. My wife and I decided to order the fish. We was told it would take about 5 mins to cook and when it was cooked looked amazing and the size of a whale. We helped ourselves to chips and other side orders. The fish was cooked lovely . The staff was good but normally this place is packed but it was very quite which is very strange. But after looking at the last few reviews on trip advisor maybe had something to do with that.

There are newer reviews for Prince William Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Decided to go here because the car park wasn't heaving! It was around 3pm on a Sunday and we'd just been told there was 30 minute wait elsewhere so we decided to have a drive around. Bar staff were really helpful, no problem getting a seat, no queue for carvery and the food quality was a lot better than I expected. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We went for a breakfast mid week only to be told that the advert outside the place was wrong, they only serve breakfast on a Saturday! So we went on the Saturday and was kept outside until 10 minutes past the opening time. We shouldn't have even waited! Coz when we got in we were told they were only open for British gas workers lol!
A few weeks later we were desperate for a good hearty breakfast before going to blackpool for the weekend so thought we would give the prince William another chance..... No decaf coffee, no fresh juice, no porridge or cereal ( my daughter doesn't eat a full English you see) yet all these things are on the menu. I started to persuade her to have toast then I thought, no, I'm not giving them my custom! So we went up the road to asda cafe which was fab!

Incidentally, we have called in here for a carvary a few times, it's very hit and miss, a couple of times we have eaten there, not much choice but it's ok for the money ( puddings are dreadful though!) but on a couple of occasions it's been terrible, dry looking meat, 2 veg and only 1 choice 1of potatoe, so we left without ordering.
Guys, there are a few really great eating establishments close to this place ( wheat shief, rising sun, Frobisher cafe, sliced cafe....) don't bother going here, it's a waist of time and to be honest it's a bit of a joke!

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

It all started when I selected a kids mealdeal with a fruit shoot for my son to be told it was a misprint and fruit shoots are not part of the deal (if they know this why are they still using these menus?) I then purchase 2other carverys and my upgraded kingsize carvery, this included a sausage that tasted like it was made of foam as it had been kept under the heaters for so long, we all sat down with our carverys to find the gravy was COLD! I went up to tell a waiter who got a member of staff from the back who came out looked under the gravy heater and said "someone's turned it off" switched it off and walked away, we then had to eat around our cold gravy. I wrote an email to complain but all I got was a missed call at 8pm (my kids go to bed at 7.30 so I put my phone on silent) no apology email and no answer phone apology. I won't be eating here again, we regularly go to the cock and crown (same chain) and enjoy it there. The only plus I can say is that the bar lady was friendly

1  Thank BigBob45Leeds
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Heard decent reviews so called in for a carvery. Arrived at 12, wouldn't recommend arriving later as it's busy. Apparently it's more expensive on a Sunday but children under 10 eat for free, we have two!!. Choice of four meats, plenty of fresh veg as well. Good value, you get what you pay for, certainly better than much of the local competition.