“Lovely new find”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to the Magnet and it was very nice, nice and clean with friendly helpful staff. The food was hot and tasty and everyone enjoyed theirs. I had a light bite - a meat salad and that was really good and filling - wouldn't call it light it was far from it, excellent. Would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank madrednige

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Been here on and off for a while now over the years with two of my mates the food here is lovely and to finish off the carvery is a sweet of your choice for £9-95 it’s really good value for money and the staff are helpful and nice too I recommend this pub to new customers.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Went here with family for carvery. It isn't the usual carvery, similar but with extra home made casseroles and pies. Everyone enjoyed the various items. I've also been with a friend due to previous experience and she enjoyed it too.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Took my gran and mother here for Sunday roast after reading the many good reviews on here. Came away very happy overall.

Getting the negative out of the way the place really could do with a referb as outside and in it looks tired and just past the point of acceptably shabby.

But, the food makes up for it.
One of the best carveries I have seen, with the selection of meat dishes on offer, broader than almost any other carvery I've had.
Veggies were properly cooked.
Overall everything was delicious food wise.

Staff were also very friendly and welcoming.
Surprising it was so quiet on the sunday we went given how good the food is.

But have to admit, the look of the place is preventing us going back as, while it was fine by the Mothers standards I can't convince the wife to eat there as much as I'd like to. Seems silly and the Wife can be a bit choosy, but it is an important factor to running a good food business. If it looked half as good on the outside as the food tastes on the inside then we'd be in all the time.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Went here for a meal recently and the food was really nice, but by far the best part of my visit was the friendly staff especially Lindsay

1  Thank carrieg540