“Worst nights sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Castleford
manchester
“Worst nights sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed one night on business and all was well until bedtime.
The evening meal was excellent,a steak to die for perfectly
Cooked and part of the Meal Deal which is unbelievable
Value for money.
3 course meal and a pint with an eat as much as you like
Breakfast the following morning.
The room was at the back of the hotel on the second floor
And it was noisy(223)and I could hear people talking in a
Normal voice.
Then a car was revving and whiz zing around the hotel
Then the trains passing sounded like they were at the
Bottom of the bed.
The window and the vent was shut and I can only think
That the seals were perished or missing.
The room and shower were very clean and I never have
A problem with the premier inn brand (unlike Hilton)
The morning came thankfully and I went down for a
Slap up breakfast,but before I tucked in I went to
Reception to complain.
My complaint was dealt with swiftly and with a very
Caring attitude by the lovely Hannah who insisted
That I should accept a refund of the room cost.
Hannah then called maintenance to sort out
The window and the noisy plumbing which
Sounded like a ghost train every time someone
ran a tap or flushed the toilet in nearby rooms.
I still love premier inn and I will continue to
Favour them above all others.
Thank you Hannah.

Room Tip: Front of hotel on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
yorkshirelass12, Manager at Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I am very sorry that you experienced a couple of issues during your stay but extremely pleased that they were dealt with swiftly by the team. Our meal deal is excellent value and I am glad that it didn't disappoint.
I will personally pass your thanks on to Hannah who will be thrilled that she made an impact.
Warm Regards
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here because we wanted a night out in Xscape, it was well worth the money, basic but I expected that. It was very clean and tidy. The staff were really friendly and offered to take our bags to the room which we thought was very polite.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us and we are delighted you enjoyed it , I will share this with the team.
West Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This Premier Inn is conveniently located for travellers on the M62 who need a place to stay for the night. Our room was sparse but comfortable, clean, and functional. Breakfast is a bit expensive, but there are cheaper alternatives like Subway at the Xscape within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your recent stay and I am glad you enjoyed it. We see the rooms as housing essentials for guests needs so I am disappointed to hear you found it sparce.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back once again.
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was amazed by the bright, clean feeling I had of this hotel when walking in, supported by the friendly staff on duty I decided to have a drink before going to my room, reasonable priced and, once again, happy, talkative, helpful staff. Walking into my room was great, it looked so spacious and clean, I then realised the sink was infact in the bedroom and the toilet/shower was cramed in the corner. After an evening out (3 pints and good food) I returned to be greated by misserable night staff, who couldnt care a stuff about service, so I decided not to stay in the public area at all, not really a problem but when I tried to get to sleep all I could hear was people shouting whilst smokinng outside the front of the hotel, I live beside a main road so I am used to noise but I was two floors up in this hotel and the noise was horrendous, whilst I appreciate this is not the hotels fault, if I could hear it then Im sure the night staff would have, maybe reminding people that other guests are sleeping would be a good idea.

All said though, I would return if ever needing accomadation in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and I apologise if the night staff seemed unhelpful they are usually very upbeat. Unfortunately people that make noise around the entrance to the hotel when returning back is something we try hard to keep under control but as you can imagine there is always a first. Hopefully this small incident will not deter you from returning.
Warm Regards
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We like the reliability of Premier Inn and recently chose to stay here when we could not find a booking in York. The staff was very helpful, and remembered us the next day when we came back down. The breakfast was very good, although I think the chain charges too much for breakfast. I was disappointed that there were not baths as we had promised our children a bath that night. However, the showers are some of the most powerful ones I've used and made up for the lack of a bath. It was very hot on the night we stayed there, and the rooms did not have any air conditioning, but there was too much traffic noise to open the windows and sleep well, so our room was very warm with the entire family in the room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your room was too warm but we do have air conditioning in the hotel and the information as how to operate is all in the essential information booklet on the desk. You should have phoned down to reception where one of the team would have been more than willing to assist. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This premier inn is in an excellent location. For me close to family with M62 access - loads of restaurants and facilities at xscape and shopping on hand. Kids were delighted. Bigger than average premier rooms with smaller than average bathrooms. I like especially as separate beds made up for kids - boy and girl don't like to share and I have to say making your bed up at travel lodge after a 4-5 hour journey really puts me off using them. Sink separate from bathroom and no bath, but good efficient capsule shower. Climate control. I am giving 5* for what it does best - clean reasonable reliable family accommodation, good night sleep in excellent location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Here at Castleford we pride ourselves on the product we offer to our guests and I am personally delighted that you rank us as five star !!!
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Christine & the team.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This premier inn is very close to lots of amenities which are located directly opposite hotel within the Escape complex including lots of branded restaurants and a cinema. The hotel is of a very good standard and has very friendly staff who are always on hand to help. The breakfast at this hotel is one of the best I have had in any premier inn, as previous reviews have stated he bathrooms are not the standard premier inn types as this was previous previously operated by a different hotel chain, where he sinks are located in the rooms and the toilet and shower are located separately, having said that the showers are very powerful and actually in my opinion far better than the standard premier inn showers. All in all a very pleasant hotel...can't wait for my next stay.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Demetrios C
Many thanks for all your positive comments regarding your recent stay here with us at Castleford. I will personally relay them all to the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleford
Premier Inn Castleford M62 Jct 31 Hotel
#2 of 6 in Pontefract
Waterton Park Hotel
Waterton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton

Been to Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel? Share your experiences!