“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessington
durham england
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed during the busy jubilee weekend. Excellent service on arrival. Our rooms weren't ready so we went to the pub next door to change the baby. The receptionist came to find us- she had chased up our rooms so we could get in early. The staff in the monkey puzzle ( the beefeater inn) were great too. Rooms large and adequate. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Essex
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Friendly, helpful staff; nice food; bedroom and bathroom exceptionally clean; car park well lit and with plenty of spaces.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
swindon
Reviewed 22 May 2012

really nice hotel lots of car parking spaces rooms are very nice best night sleep ever the pub restuarant next door is super very good food especially the breakfasts the continental is one of the best everyon who works here and in the hotel are extremeely friendly and nice to see lots of smiling people the hotel is very convenient for the chessington world of adventure and there you can easily pick up the number 65 to go to the royal borough of kingston well worth a visit if just to sit by the river give his hotel a visit well worth it

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
wales
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have stayed at lots of premier inns around the country this one was lovely, I would say it could need some updating but this was ideal for Chessington World of Adventures just a five minute walk up the road, and the rooms were lovely and as always the beds were fantastic, plenty of hot water, the restaurants attached was called the Monkey Puzzle, the staff were lovely, booked a table for 6.30.p.m. and were told there could be a delay in food it was about an hour which we waited, however, there was a mix up in the kitchen but could not find any fault with the food and because of the wait we had 50% off our meal and the service was fantastic, breakfast was lovely and was worth the price and my kids ate free, and because it was my son's birthday he had his cake and balloons and again the staff were lovely and service was great, would stay here again no problem

England
Reviewed 11 May 2012

What i like about Premier Inn is that you know what you are going to get and have paid for. On a tour of Southern England catching up with family and friends a Premier Inn is ideal for a one night stopover. The staff at reception was pleasant and efficient and the room was exactly as expected EXCEPT this is the first time that i can remember being in a Premier Inn where you could hear the next door occupants very clearly. My next door neighbour seemed to be an olympic standard snoorer and i could hear the kettle being put on etc which is the first time I've ever noticed that in a Premier Inn. To be fair when i checked in the receptionist told me to let him know if i had any problems and i didn't so i couldn't have expected them to do anything. Otherwise everything was as good as expected and i even enjoyed hearing people screaming on the roller coasters in Chessington World of Adventure, ( I had opened the windows by then).

1 Thank Snaith
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Chessington Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs.

Thank you once again for your review.
Essex
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have stayed at lots of premier inns around the country, but this one is not as good as others. The bathroom had a horrible smell, the soundproofing was terrible and the staff at the restaurant couldn't get anything right! And don't get me started on the 'Kids Under 16 Eat Free' breakfast. This is the worst advertising ever! It appears most people go for the 'Premier Breakfast' for £8.25 and this allows up to two kids to eat free. If you go for the continental option £5.25 you will be charged £3.50 per child as we found out on our second morning. This price is NOT publicised in their menu and we weren't told about it when we asked for continental. We were therefore charged £1 MORE for the cheaper, more healthy option! When I pointed this out to the receptionist she knew full well what I meant and said I should have asked for one continental and one premier and paid £13.50. I have no interest in trying to fathom out the cheapest way to get what I thought I was already intitaled to at 8am in the morning! Come on premier inn, sort it out!

Room Tip: Stay at a B and B!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Chessington Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by our Customer Services Team and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Netherlands
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here for business because of proximity to our customer. The hotel is standard Premier Inn layout, clean and corporate like all the others. For this reason we choose Premier for business because you know what to expect and it never disappoints. Until now.

The low point in my view is the lack of soundproofing here. I think they´ve cut corners in the construction of the building because you can hear everything. My colleague got put in the room next to me and I could hear his conversation on his mobile, him splashing in the bath, flushing his toilet, etc. I was recovering from a bad throat infection and woke my colleague up during the night with my coughing. Note, we were in different rooms!!! But he also could hear everything I was doing from his room. You can imagine how uncomfortable this made me feel. I didn´t sleep well because of this. Thankfully Premier has a "good night guarantee"...

The restaurant was pleasant, good selection of reasonably priced meals and freshly cooked traditional English and continental choices for breakfast.

For the price we paid (£115 p.p.p.n) and to have such a poor night´s sleep because of the noise/lack of soundproofing, it wasn´t worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Chessington Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessington
Chessington Safari Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Premier Inn Chessington Hotel? Share your experiences!