Booked a mini break to go to Chessington World of Adventures. We wanted a family room with a seperate area for children but you cant prebook this, we were firstly put in a smoking room that smelt awful so we asked to move. (1st floor seems to be smoking floor).
The room was large and bed very comfortable, a shower only in room 120 which is hard if you have little kids that still need bathing. Tea and coffee in room which is always a bonus and toiletries in bathroom as expected.
The restaurant was pretty good considering and the activities for children great in the evening with Films and the Wii room. The breakfast was really good and they have a great selection of hot and cold food.
You gain early entry into the park if you stay in the hotel. But actually its a false offer as none of the rides open until 10am anyway so its relatively pointless being there at 0915! You also get free car parking but they ask you to move the car on the day you check out, we ignoredthis as it was stupid to expect us to!
Overall a nice break and handy being on the park site itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey