We stayed here as part of a family weekend. The hotel has some great views over the wildlife paddock. Our stay was ruined by the attitude of the bar staff (one in particular called Nathan) who were rude and downright nasty. We were not rude nor boorish and do not know what we did to deserve such vitriol but it means we will certainly never use this hotel again. This is a shame as there were some good staff there, the rooms were spacious and clean, the food was acceptable too without being outstanding. It could be a good hotel but like a lot of Hoiday Inn's just fails to hit the mark.
Another problem we had was the the fire alarm light in the room. It pulsed out a huge halo of red light every 20 seconds or so and made for a distracted and uncomfortable nights sleep every night. Bizarre! I have never seen such a light before in any other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey