“Great hotel, lovely location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chessington Safari Hotel

Chessington Safari Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chessington
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, was greeted by friendly staff, great start . Very pleased with accommodation rooms large and spacious. We booked a standard room very surprised by the room, kids had own sleeping area with TV, large bathroom, and adult sleeping area. Rooms and hotel where very clean. Booked at table in zarfari bar & grill for tea ( booking recommended) food was superb , waiters friendly . Got to try the kebabs they are beautifully cooked, meal enjoyed by all. Children loved that we could go and look around the reserve outside. Buffet breakfast lovely. Fast track passes you get for the 1st hour in the park is brill , use on the busier rides to get the most out of them. Will definitely come back , with our merlin passes loads of discounts

2 Thank Amanda S
CWOAR, Guest Relations Manager at Chessington Safari Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for leaving such a great review of the Resort! It’s absolutely brilliant to hear that you enjoyed all the facilities we have at the Safari Hotel. It’s also fantastic to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! We do hope you will return to Britain’s Wildest Adventure again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with my family in June. Hotel is great with excellent facilities however the staff are something else, I'm specifically referring to the bar / restaurant staff who do not have a clue what they are doing and are quite rude. It's organised chaos in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner for example they constantly ran out of food and plates at breakfast and at dinner no one took orders just seemed to be blindly walking around trying to look busy. Food came late I had to ask. 3 times for the bill and my children had to do without drinks despite ordering them twice . The waiter even spilt a drink over another guest one evening. As I said the facilities are great and the kids loved it however for the premium you pay to stay at the park it's a damn shame they can't follow through with basic good manners and attention to detail in the restaurant .

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Aryaxa
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of the Chessington Resort Hotel! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in our Zafari Bar and Grill Restaurant. Breakfast is extremely popular at the Resort and we will ensure that your feedback is passed on to our management teams.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I drove 180 miles with my daughter to the Safari hotel. On route I discovered I had foolishly forgot to print off the ticket vouchers. A nice lady in customer services reassured me there would no problem and that the hotel was be happy to print these off for me.

The reality was the hotel were not happy to do anything. Not able to print tickets, not willing to allow me to access a pc so I could print these off myself, not willing to contact their own customer services to have the tickets emailed to them directly. In fact, no help at all.

I spoke to the reception and duty manager - in essence was told it was nothing to do with them.

Rather than have my daughter disappointed I probably will end paying twice for the theme park entry but I am appalled at the customer service and would never come here again.

5 Thank I3192TJMichael
Thank you for your recent review of the Chessington Resort Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your time with us. The hotel are often asked to print Adventurers tickets and have procedures in place to do so. Please accept my apologies that you didn’t receive this service. I am currently investigating your case and I will contact you by private message once I have reached an outcome. Alternatively please contact our team directly via guest.experience@chessington.co.uk.
Chessington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

had guests staying on a company booking. They debited an additional overnight stay but they will not provide me with any information. I have been calling every couple of days for six weeks now and I have been told to speak to the reservations manager, reception manager, accounts dept, corporate section, they have no electricity in the hotel (on three different occassions), send email to reservations, send email to customer enquiries, the manager will call me back (on four occassions).
I think it might be a case of taking legal action against them.
Just watch out if you give them your credit card as security!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rob_Pynegar, Manager at Chessington Safari Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am concerned as to the issues you raise as having consulted the managers you mention and also our computerised feedback system, we do not appear to be able to find details of this issue. I am also a little confused as to the mention of power outages as this has not occurred in the two years I have been at this hotel, with an exception a few days ago when we closed down to allow mains works.
I fear this review may have been posted to the incorrect venue and would welcome you contacting me directly.
Rob Pynegar
rob.pynegar@chessington.com
Cannock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

we booked into the hotel at 5 ish on Wednesday and made our way down to dinner at around 6 ish to be told we can get you a table till 8:30, I asked if they had anything a bit earlier as it was too late for us and was told I should have booked.
but then found us a table at 7:45 but the food was worth the wait.

we got up early for breakfast but wished we hadn't of bothered the bacon was under done by anyone's standards and the scrambled egg was like porridge and the second day it was worse

my husband went up to get toast but there was no butter out and whenhe asked they said there had been two packs there earlier, have some flora!! when I went to check the staff where slagging him off a threw the one pack he had found at the back!

we where quite un lucky this trip as it was thundering when we got there so the walk up the safari was off we didn't have a safari view room and the guest exclusive trip and early bird park entrance also wasn't on, in the book in the room it tells you to "check website for opening times" but why would I want to log on when im here already?

in the park we also found that 3 of them main rides where closed too so I have to say I didn't have a very good time ! happy birthday to me.

oh and hard lumpy beds.
spa was closed too as they are building an extension to the hotel and turned the power off.

1 Thank chipper83
CWOAR, Guest Relations Manager at Chessington Safari Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Chessington World of Adventures Safari Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your stay at the Resort. We will ensure that your feedback is passed on to our management team for further investigation.
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel and booked for two night in a zafari room,on the first night my daughter became ill, my wife and I spoke to staff for a first aider, they sent him up who agreed with us to call 111 which then turned into 999 as my daughter got worse, the support my wife and I received from the hotel was amazing throughout, even when I had to return at 3am, they made everything smooth running for us by changing are tickets and exstending are stay. My wife and I can not fault this hotel one bit the whole experience makes us want to return tomorrow if we could.

Room Tip: The safari room to me was amazing my son loved it.
2 Thank andyjdc
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review after your stay! We were so pleased to see your daughter looking brighter when she returned back to the hotel and it was our pleasure to be able to do all we could to make you and your family as comfortable as possible. Please pass on a message to your son that we will have the Chocolate Milkshake waiting for his return!
Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife, two daughters 8 & 5 and myself stayed here for one night as part of a two day entry package to chessington world of adventure.
From the moment we checked in all staff were very friendly and helpful and our room overlooked the rear of the hotel at the animal enclosure with various wildlife roaming around. Room was spotless but there was a water stain on one of the lampshades?
Our room 111 looked over the roof of the restaurant/bar area and there were a lot of cigerette ends and a few lighters thrown on it which do require some cleaning up please.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as they did not have any table available untill after nine that night, we did try to book a table the day before via the internet but could not access the day we wanted but I would advise this to anybody wanting to eat there to book a table when you book the room during busy times.
Breakfast was really good if a little busy but this is to be expected.
Parking is very difficule in the small carpark for the hotel and on monday when we were putting our bags into our car there were workmen parking their cars in the hotel carpark to work on the new hotel due to open this summer, this is not fair and needs to be stopped as customers paying to stay here should have priority!

All in all a very good stay and would have no problem returning in the future!

1 Thank Jason R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Chessington Safari Hotel and for passing on some table booking tips to our next Adventurers! We will ensure that your comments regarding your room and breakfast are passed on to all the relevant teams. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chessington Resort in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessington
East End / East London
Qbic Hotel London City
Qbic Hotel London City
#106 of 1,086 in London
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,775 reviews

Been to Chessington Safari Hotel? Share your experiences!