The hotel next door is being completed so the front of the hotel was having a little work done on it, this was only minimal and was of not concern. The hotel has free parking and is just a few minutes walk to the theme park.
We stayed in a room with a view of the animals. The room was nice and clean and had a separate sleeping area for our son with his own TV. The room was a good size and depending what time of day it was there was always animals to look out on which was lovely.
We had a quiet room at the end of the corridor but the whole hotel in general seemed quiet, nothing like the noise experienced at the Alton Towers Hotel. We had a good nights sleep. There is also free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
Much like the breakfast at the Alton Towers hotel it is a big letdown. Of course its busy and of course it is hectic and I fresh items were being brought out all the time BUT the food quality is poor. The variety is decent but I would stick to the cold items instead of the hot food.
The walk is open from dusk and really set the hotel apart from anything else, it is a great idea and my son loved it, it was a quiet and lovely walk getting up close to the animals in the evening.
The theme park is great for a 3 year old, lots of rides he can go on and its not a huge park so not much walking, the zoo is an added bonus and there is also a sealife centre there as well.
We will definitely come back and if they can improve the quality of the breakfast and offer earlier dining times then I wouldn't hesitate in giving the hotel 5 stars. The waterpark and extra hotel will be a welcome addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey