“Never Dissapoints”

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Occoquan
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You don't have to brave the airlines to visit an authentic little European neighborhood bistro. Come down to the quaint riverfront town of Occoquan for a little boutique shopping and finish up with a visit to our cozy bistro for a fine Belgian beer and a delicious meal. We are serving up always-fresh, always-homemade European bistro specialties, a selection of 60+ Belgian and Belgian-style beers we know you'll love, and a whole lotta coziness and welcome. Are they the freshest Prince Edward Island Blue Mussels and the crispy-creamiest fresh-cut Belgian Frites? You bet! Is there a beautiful street-side brick outdoor patio? Yep, we've got that, too. No fancy frills, just great beer, wine, and good, freshly prepared food. Oh! And we forgot to mention the delicious Non-GMO waffles. But you won't...see you soon! !
us
“Never Dissapoints”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We love this little place and try to visit every couple of months. The mussel bowls are just the best and the selection of beers incredible. Add to that a charming, helpful staff and you have a perfect combination. My only complaint is that on our last visit a party with a rather large, energetic dog was allowed to dine on the patio. While he wasn't vicious he was, as I said, energetic and very social and some people just aren't into dogs while they are trying to eat (he was also in the server's way). I would say a "no pets" policy might be a good idea on this relatively small patio. I am looking forward to my next visit to Cock and Bowl.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank junemagpie

Woodbridge, Virginia
“...been there twice and can't wait to go back again!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

for the best atmosphere I recommend sitting out on the patio - both times we went in the evening - there are cool patio lights and music playing the whole time... and it's good music. The food is FABULOUS! They fill a giant bowl to overflowing with mussels and the sauces they serve are rich and savory. The bread is always warm, crusty on the outside, soft in the middle - perfection! and if you like beer - they have a HUGE beer selection - even people who don't like beer could find a beer they liked... The staff is great too - seem pretty knowledgeable about their menu and the beers they serve...and everything comes out in a timely manner... no waiting wondering what's happened to your order... this is definitely a go-to place for mussels and beer...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kelly M
Manassas, Virginia
“Used to be fabulous... :-(”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been a frequent flyer and in love with this place...the mussels, sandwiches, quiches, etc. were out of this world. However, they recently got a new chef and it is dreadful My last two times there have been embarrassing--first, I had bragged and recommended the Croque Monsieur sandwich, which in the past had a very large slab of the best Black Forest Ham on it, so that many would have to take 1/2 of it home. They brought my friend a cheese sandwich with no ham the first time. They took it back and brought a cheesy sandwich with so little ham that we had to lift the top to find a very thin slice that was swimming in the middle of bread and cheese. Ish...The same visit, I ordered the shrimp croquettes, only to find almost no shrimp in them. The next visit, my husband ordered the formerly fantastic mussels only to find shriveled mussels in a drab, poorly concocted sauce. I called the owner Jacquie to discuss this with her and she never called me back. I will not go back except to say hello to the lovely manager Jessica and wait staff (will miss you Aaron).

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Davi D
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Best Mussels this Side of Brussels”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We try to get in here at least once a month. Their mussels are great and the have numerous selections... make sure you get a side of Pomme Frites!!. Ambiance is super, particularly for an evening dinner on their patio. Also the most Belgian beers this side of the Atlantic. The Croque Monsieur sandwich rivals what you get in Paris, so try one sometime. Don't forget to come for their waffles... you WILL come back! Everything is topped off with friendly service.

• Visited May 2014
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Find it and Enjoy”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great Belgian beers, steaks, mussels, and ambience. This small place offers great food. It's small so go on a nice night

Visited October 2013