“Super people”

Penny's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Didcot
Penny's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 14 Didcot B&B and Inns
Cleethorpes
“Super people”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Have stayed with Penny and Peter several times whilst on railway tours, they are super people and the cabin is fantastic. Everything is very welcoming, I hope to visit again in the near future

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Leyland P

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be returning. Extremely well appointed and lovely to have our own lounge area with fridge and fresh milk. Would highly recommend to everyone. Penny and Peter made our stay very enjoyable and are lovely people.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sally7216
Suffolk
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Having stayed for one night on the way to Poole and one night on the way back last year, we knew where we'd be staying for our visit to Oxfordshire this year. We had 5 lovely nights with Penny and Peter visiting Oxford, Poole, Henley and Blenheim Palace and returning to the home comfort of this lovely place each evening. It was more like staying with friends as both Penny and Peter are friendly and very easy to talk to. Despite our protests that she need not clean every day, Penny made sure that the room was tidied every day and the bed clothes were changed after a couple of days. You have to try a boiled egg freshly gathered from the chicken coop. There's no taste like it! I cannot recommend them highly enough and at £45 per night it's great value too.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sylviesinc
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My wife and I needed overnight accommodation so we could attend a concert at the Cornerstone Centre Didcot, and are very glad we found Penny's. It's about 15 minutes walk from the town centre and the facilities are excellent. We had a very clean, comfortable, well-equipped double room with own bathroom, small sitting room and its own private entrance - so no problem about returning late after the concert. The owners, Penny and Pete, are very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. With a very good breakfast and very reasonable rates we wish we could find somewhere like Penny's in every town we stay in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JohnandJeannette
Suffolk
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Penny and Pete's on our way down to Poole to take the ferry to France. We also stayed on the way back. This is the best bed and breakfast place we have ever stayed in. Not only is the bed very comfortable, but so is the little sitting room adjacent to the bedroom. There is a large Sky TV and two recliner chairs plus a fridge with milk and water,coffee and an abundance of different teas. As the weather was so hot, we also had a fan and the huge French doors onto the attractive garden were left open. The bathroom is just outside the bedroom but was private with a closed door between it and the rest of the house. Lovely toiletries were provided and a choice of bath or shower with huge, soft towels. We breakfasted in their large open plan breakfast/living room with a view of the extensive garden complete with wild life. Penny offered us fresh fruit, cereals, juice, tea or filter coffee and whatever we wanted cooked, using eggs from their own chickens and the most delicious bacon. They were both very friendly and easy to talk to, and the local pub was a 5 minute walk away for our evening meal. The street was quiet, clean and tree-lined. All this for £42 per night for the room. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sylviesinc
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 27 March 2010

I was very impressed with Penny's B&B and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in Didcot. My room was immaculate and I even had my own sitting room! Luxury! Penny and Pete were both extremely welcoming. Parking was a bonus as well! Next time I am in Didcot, I will definitely be staying here again, as long as they are not fully booked...! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank kat_flute
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2009

On a recent visit to Oxfordshire, I needed somewhere to stay for two nights, near to Didcot rail station. Didcot isn't renowned for being a top holiday destination so, when researching places to stay, I found only a handful of hotels -- all with shockingly bad reviews. I also found some B&Bs -- and only Penny's B&B had a review that I could find (the one written by Jean, on here). As Jean's review was entirely positive, I thought I'd follow in her shoes...

Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed! Penny and Peter have clearly put a lot of thought into their business -- and this B&B was head and shoulders above any other that I have seen, and considerably better than many hotels that I have visited. I was given a room in its own self-contained wooden cabin, at the bottom of the garden. It was excellent having the flexibility to come and go without the risk of disturbing anyone. The cabin is large and quiet, with a comfortable bed, digital television, and a very well-fitted bathroom. Despite being the first really cold winter night of the year, it was warm throughout. There was coffee, tea, and fresh milk, and a jug of chilled water in a fridge.

Breakfast was a pleasure -- there was a choice of cereals on offer, and then Penny also offered to cook anything hot that I fancied as well. She is also the first person I've known to have totally mastered cooking poached eggs (from their own hens!) -- Penny's clearly an excellent cook.

Throughout my two-day stay, Penny and Peter were extremely thoughtful and generous: I needed to pop back to the cabin halfway through the day, and they were not only happy for me to do so, but kindly adjusted the heating to make sure that it would stay on during the daytime. When I left, Peter even gave me a lift back to the station as there were dark clouds looming...

I unreservedly recommend this B&B to anyone else passing through the area -- if only all were like this! If they ever read this, then thanks again to Penny & Peter for such a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank sjb90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Didcot
Milton Hill, Abingdon
#3 of 5 in Abingdon
White Hart Hotel
White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorchester-on-Thames

Been to Penny's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!