“terrible customer service!”

Ranked #9 of 14 Didcot B&B and Inns
south wales uk
“terrible customer service!”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I booked a single ensuite room with this B & B approximately 6 weeks ago prior to staying there on the 11th & 12th August whilst visiting relatives in the area and had everything confirmed by email. Five days before my intended stay at Southern Wood I had a phone call from the proprietor informing me that his partner had made a mistake and the room they had allocated to me was double booked. They had, apparently allocated a twin room to me and this would not be available for the second night of my stay. I was offered a standard single room for the second night - at the same rate I had been quoted in my initial enquiry for ensuite accommodation. The proprietor offered no apology and told me that he couldn't vary the rate as I was already getting the twin room for a lower rate than they could get for a double occupancy. I got the impression that ther was no double booking - it seemed to be more a case of them being able to let the room to a couple and therefore get more revenue. The proprietor's attitude was abysmal, he didn't seem to care that my booking was confirmed and that he was giving such short notice for me to find alternatice accommodation. I would certainly not recommend this B & B to anyone - purely on the total lack of concern and non-existent level of customer service.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank scotlandfan

Travellers are raving about these Didcot hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Didcot
Milton Hill, Abingdon
The Red Lion Pub & Kitchen
The House on the Corner
The House on the Corner
#4 of 14 in Didcot

Been to Southern Wood B&B? Share your experiences!