“Slow service, expensive, awful quality. Never learns”

The AppleCart Table Table
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Didcot
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THe AppleCart is just under going a fantastic extension & refurbishment. We are close between 18th-25th of March.. Please come & visit us as a new business..The AppleCart is a central location just outside of Didcot with direct access to the A34. We are joined to the Oxford South Premier Inn.We have a fantastic menu that caters for everyone including children. Please call to make a reservation or book for a special occasion.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Slow service, expensive, awful quality. Never learns”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Came here in Oct 13 and suffered a 2 hour wait for food that was so appalling we were told we didn't have to pay. After 6 months decided to give it another try tonight. Stupid mistake.

Again, the place was less than a quarter full, but had to wait half an hour for service after chasing the staff and then an hour for the food. I ordered the black pepper and lemon topped cod with fgarlic roast potatoes and seasonal veg. What I got, I have uploaded for your pleasure. For my £10.65 I got 3oz of cod with some green leaves under it and 3 new potatoes cut in half, microwaved to death and garlic oil poured on them.

I told the waitress that this meal did not reflect the menu and she told me 'yeah it's a small portion'. No kidding. Cost 40£ for 3 small cokes, 2 chicken ceasar salads w/garlic bread and the aforementioned cod.

Expensive microwave meals, you could buy in a supermarket for a lot less and eat in a more convivial atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014

Wiltshire
“Food good, service is non-existent”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Eaten here a few times (mainly due to good food and value for money) unfortunately we have had terrible experiences of service. On many occasions we have been stood waiting to be seated for 10minutes, once seated and food arrives you often end up with your sauces after you have either finished your meal or it's gone cold where you have waited so long. As for drinks....go to the bar...it's quicker and you'll actually get them. Allow 3 hours to eat, no such thing as a quick bite in this place!

• Visited February 2014
Aberdare, South Wales, UK
“Breakfast when staying at Premier Inn”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We booked breakfast while staying at the Premier Inn and this is always in the restaurant attached to the hotel. The restaurant was very clean, the staff were excellent in finding us a table both days that we stayed and the food was always warm, fresh and plenty of it. What more can we say, everything that you would want was there. Well worth the money on top of the hotel prices.

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at the premier inn on the 5th of april we decided to eat at the applecart what a terrible decision that was! We booked a table for 7 we were seated promtly and were told a server would be with us shortly. 15 mins later we were still waiting we managed to get the attention of the manager and he took our order. We shared nachos to start which were ok. I ordered the beef salad for my main it states SLICES OF GRILLED STEAK.What I actually got was a bowl of salad with 5 lumps of fatty grissel which were cold and inedible. I told the manager who's comment was "I know where your coming from" and offered to change my meal. I chose the gammon. My husband then had to eat his meal while I waited for mine. He also ordered a drink which did not arrive until we asked the manager again. We were then told we would not have to pay our bill. When my meal came the plate was swimming in water. What was the use of complaining. Wished we'd gone to mac donalds!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Susan D
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value for money”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Varied menu, good choice, well cooked and great value. Have visited on several different occasions and standard is always high.

Very friendly and helpful staff

Visited March 2014